IGNORED

Beware of Phishing email possibly from music download website

Recently downloaded two albums from Native DSD using PayPal. A few days later, received an email from "PayPal" that my account has been limited due to significant change in my account activity and I have to provide the information (not mentioned) within one day. There is a Log In Now button embedded in the email which direct me to a look-like "PayPal" Log in page but the web address is https://www.notification-security.com/webapps/c##ba/websrc which does not seem to bear any relationship with PayPal.

I contacted PayPal and forwarded them the email and they confirmed that the email was not from them and so it must be a phishing email.

Anyone has the same experience after buying from Native DSD recently.

This is the first time I received phishing email shortly from buying online and my Mac is protected by Kaspersky so I assume that it is not my Mac was leaking the information and it seems that the other end - Native DSD is not properly secured.

So, fellow members beware.

MetalNuts

I get phising emails from source pretending they are "paypal" and "apple" on a weekly basis. They simply look at your Paypal cookies, etc. Don't ever open those. And always look at the email address. This is an age-old scam that hopes you input your passwords or social security numbers.

Regardless, we at Native will look into it from our end. This has never been brought up before, and we, of course, process large amounts on a weekly basis.

I get phising emails from source pretending they are "paypal" and "apple" on a weekly basis. They simply look at your Paypal cookies, etc. Don't ever open those. And always look at the email address. This is an age-old scam that hopes you input your passwords or social security numbers.

Regardless, we at Native will look into it from our end. This has never been brought up before, and we, of course, process large amounts on a weekly basis.

Thanks. Since it happened after the purchase with Native DSD, I may have unjustly assume that. However, I have never experienced that with my online purchase, irrespective of using Pay-Pal or credit card for years. I would be most grateful if you could look into that.

MetalNuts

I got hacked on my paypal account last month, twice in within an hour or two, but not related to my NativeDSD purchases. Fortunately I was able to stop one before it was processed and stopped the other after disputing the charge and going to the vendor. What I did was to go to my paypal account and add an additional layer of security where they text me a special different code for each transaction that I have to type in to proceed with the transaction. More banks are doing that also. Paypal can be more risky because many people connect their paypal accounts directly to their bank accounts, not just a credit card.

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

I got hacked on my paypal account last month, twice in within an hour or two, but not related to my NativeDSD purchases. Fortunately I was able to stop one before it was processed and stopped the other after disputing the charge and going to the vendor. What I did was to go to my paypal account and add an additional layer of security where they text me a special different code for each transaction that I have to type in to proceed with the transaction. More banks are doing that also. Paypal can be more risky because many people connect their paypal accounts directly to their bank accounts, not just a credit card.

Larry

OMG, PayPal might also be not as secure as it claims then.

MetalNuts

I don't think it has anything to do with Native DSD. Paypal phishing emails are being sent to any email address than has landed on a spamming list.

I receive such messages on my personal email address which is not related to my Paypal account, and on my office email address.

Claude

A real PayPal email will never ask you to log in or give info directly from the mail. It will ask you to go to the site and log in. There you see any notifications if you actually have them.

Any email that does that is a phishing mail.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I got PayPal scam-mail yesterday and FBI scam-mail today. Apparently one of my email addresses is on a list or 2. I've never ordered from Native DSD.

To keep your funds secure you must wire them to a Nigerian prince whose name and account particulars I will give you after you send me your email address and Social Security number for verification.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

see Pap's thread , http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f13-music-downloads-and-streaming/how-pay-credit-card-using-paypal-without-sharing-your-personal-information-28929/

[h=2]How to pay with credit card using PayPal without sharing your personal information.[/h]

I found this interesting little info on the Sound Liaison site. You can pay with your credit card in PayPal but fill in random letters on the paypal registration in order to avoid robot phone calls and unwanted spam.

Read the full article here;
Sound Liaison Music Shop

9. As you can see you can fill in the form just with a virtual name and address.

The only thing that has to be correct is an email address to which you have acces.

This is because you need to receive a proof of purchase in your email inbox.