IGNORED

How to pay with credit card using PayPal without sharing your personal information.

I found this interesting little info on the Sound Liaison site. You can pay with your credit card in PayPal but fill in random letters on the paypal registration in order to avoid robot phone calls and unwanted spam.

Read the full article here; Sound Liaison Music Shop

9. As you can see you can fill in the form just with a virtual name and address.

The only thing that has to be correct is an email address to which you have acces.

This is because you need to receive a proof of purchase in your email inbox.

PP09.png

I expect this will fail if the address is actually in the US, since address verification for CC processes actually saves the vendor money. It is difficult to enforce for non-US amor Canada addresses though.

And of course, most cards impose a currency translation cost or fee for non US/Canadian transactions. Perhaps that makes up for the lost income by bypassing address verification?

-Paul

I found this interesting little info on the Sound Liaison site. You can pay with your credit card in PayPal but fill in random letters on the paypal registration in order to avoid robot phone calls and unwanted spam.

Read the full article here; Sound Liaison Music Shop

PP09.png

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

• 2 weeks later...
It seems that in the USA paypal has given people robot calls.

From what I have read, the issue was not that they made such calls but that they changed their user agreement in a way that might allow them to make such calls. They subsequently tightened the language to address this issue:

https://techcrunch.com/2015/06/29/paypal-updates-user-agreement-following-backlash-over-robocalls-and-fcc-complaints/

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

yes that looks better;

More importantly, however, are the clarifications that PayPal is inputting that will bring its User Agreement in compliance with FCC guidelines around the use of robocalls and texts. For instance, PayPal now says that it will not market to customers using automated calls and texts without explicit written consent; customers can revoke that consent at any time by contacting support; and customers will be able to use PayPal’s service even if they don’t agree to receiving autodialed calls and texts.
  • 2 weeks later...

But there is apparently no need any longer to use the Sound Liaison trick;

[h=1]PayPal Backs Down on Controversial New Robocall Policy[/h]by ALEX JOHNSON

PayPal reversed course Monday on a controversial new policy that would have automatically "opted in" its users to receive robocalls and text messages from the company.

"We value our relationship with our customers and work hard to communicate clearly. Recently, however, we did not live up to our own standards," Louise Pentland, PayPal's new general counsel