IGNORED

Have you done a backup recently?

i use windows scheduler to backup any changes daily to an attached ssd drive, and then monthly i copy the deltas to two larger HDs...(kept in fireproof safe).

i do this for all my data and music.

I used to mail a copy to my brother in another state until he passed away...mainly so he could also have a backup as well, but it was nice to have a copy offsite just for my concerns as well.

Once my data was larger than 1TB, i deleted a lot of DSD files that i never listen too. (got rid of a lot of classic and blues, keeping mostly jazz and a few classics)...i am content with my 1TB and will keep it trimmed to that point.

My backup drives are 4TB, but i keep the music below 1TB because that is the size of my ssd drives, and i really don't listen to more than 1tb music.

9 hours ago, firedog said:

Sure. Which means you still need to have other alternative backups.

So if you go that route, you have to monitor it and get a new service as soon as the previous one goes belly up. 

The outlay for some of them is modest, so you might lose $50 if one of them goes away. 

and then the question arises, if you are swift enough to keep one copy, why not just keep 2 copies and save the subscription prices....i actually keep 4 or more copies.