IGNORED

Have you done a backup recently?

I have been trying to back up to the cloud. With my 1mb/s uploads, I'm only getting 8gb per day. With over 3tb to backup, this painful.

I need to find a way to do a full backup at uni... I'm sure it's faster, but not sure how fast.

But thought the cloud might be cheaper long term...

I wondered if there might be companies that back up your hard drives super fast... but couldn't see that on google - anyone found such a service?

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Yes odelay it is painfully slow. ...

Just trying to think of some ways to speed things up - possible for you to drive your NAS or whatever you're using to a friend's or college or workplace with a faster connection?

[/url]

Thanks Jabbr & Jud.

Living in Tallinn & Helsinki at the moment. I am very much dependent on my partner's friends and family. Have been thinking about how I might get it done at uni, but logistics have been tricky... although, speeds are promising there...

Just did the math... or faced the music... it would take me 412 days to back up (3.3tb, but just under 2tb of music). I've been backing up the past few weeks. Barley made a dent.. These uploads also affect downloads... not fun. Have most of it backed up... in Australia...

I am using Backblaze - for the first time. It seemed fairly well reviewed. It's 5/mth, $95/2yrs, unlimited uploads (no cost for number of uploads - that I know of, but could be mistaken). They give you a 15 day free trial.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Indeed, it's only when I crank my upload speed up to max that my download/surfing speed suffers. Backblaze allows you to adjust speed. They claim upload speed is ONLY limited by your own home speeds. (Our ISP can do high speeds, but this apartment must have really bad wiring that limits speeds).

Great if Amazon and other clouds have some way of allowing max uploads without cropping downloads.

• 5 weeks later...

Sounds like a good way to go.

My partner has just set up an office in a university in Helsinki. Her upload speed measured at 97mb/s.

I plan to hook up my 4tb drive to her computer there. Be calculator suggested it would take just shy of five days. (Won't run it a full upload speed... not sure the uni would be too happy if I brought their speeds down to dial-up...)

As i have to travel for work, I will do it while I'm away. Fingers crossed... [emoji849]