IGNORED

Chicago Quadio Blu-Ray 9 disc release

This Rhino release comes out tomorrow. 9 Blu-ray quadraphonic discs in 24/192 plus stereo 24/192 and they claim these are new? Don't know. Anyone have anymore info here? Most of this has been released for download already in 24/192 save II. I would love a good version of II. Most sound like mud because of the recording itself. The recent SACD issue DR isn't as good as the HDT download so no clue.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

This Rhino release comes out tomorrow. 9 Blu-ray quadraphonic discs in 24/192 plus stereo 24/192 and they claim these are new? Don't know. Anyone have anymore info here? Most of this has been released for download already in 24/192 save II. I would love a good version of II. Most sound like mud because of the recording itself. The recent SACD issue DR isn't as good as the HDT download so no clue.

There are discussions of this 9-disc set on the Steve Hoffman and Quadraphonic Quad forums from early buyers. Check there:

Quadio Chicago BluRay Box Set announced | Steve Hoffman Music Forums

Chicago Quadio - 9 quad albums coming to Blu-ray Audio.

I've been reading those. What a debate!

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Though I doubt that Chicago fits in in general with Kal Rubinson's preferred tastes in music, it would, nonetheless, be interesting to read about the surround mixes in his Stereophile "In The Round" column.

Likewise, it would be a slam dunk for a Ted_b CA article and review.

• 2 weeks later...