IGNORED

Which software is best for recording and playing?

Hello all.

i am just getting set up to start archiving my 300 LP's. I think I probably have the hardware I need, it is working on my initial trials using audacity, but I haven't actually saved or recorded a full album yet. For starters, here is a list of my current gear, make any suggestions you like.

Pro-Ject RPM.4 with a mm clearaudio concept cart.

Tascam UH7000 ADC/DAC and phono stage (this actually works quite well!)

2011 MacBook Pro running ElCaptain latest software, 8 gigs ram, terabyte external drive for storage 120 gig internal ssd.

So my question, before I start spending a lot of time is as follows:

what is the favourite software for playing computer files through my stereo? Is there an all in one package out there that first records the initial analog signal from my tt, allows me to save in a high resolution, get metadata, and then play back the high res file, or do you record into Audacity, send high res to iTunes and then play back using something like audirvana, or pure music??? What are you folks using?

Using a Mac then Pure Vinyl from Channel D is one possibility. Also check out Vinyl Studio.

If you've not already read it ... Computer Audiophile - Guide to Converting Analog Vinyl to Digital Files Using Macintosh might be of help / interest (and for those using Windows - Computer Audiophile - Guide to Converting Analog Vinyl To Digital Files Using Windows )

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.