IGNORED

Ethernet cables

I hear a difference between interconnects, speaker and USB cables, and power cords. I don't think it's a myth, nor do I think they're just expensive tone controls. This is unfortunate because it has cost me thousands of dollars.

But I don't yet hear the difference fancy Ethernet cables make.

As long as you're using 6a or 7 I think you're fine. If you want to go crazy and don't mind a lack of flexibility buy Cat 8.

Does anyone have experience hearing a significant improvement using a fancy brand Ethernet cable vs. a standard Cat 6a, 7 or 8? Or even a difference between 6a, 7, or 8?

I'm interested in your experiences.

With my set-up of a Aurender N10 and Bricasti M1 I originally had from the router to the Aurender used a Cat 5e that my home was wired with and it was OK when I did only Sonos connect. But when I moved up to the Aurender and Bricasti it was not so moved to AQ vodka - Nordost at the time did not come out with there network cables yet so I went with AQ (also the diamond AQ is beyond ridiculous in $$'s). That was good until I got a demo with the new Nordost Heimdall 2 network cable that blew them all away. Bass was much better and controlled and the stream just generally sounded better overall. I would certainly say that the network cable does make a difference. I know many will say it does not but I know what I heard and smile almost everyday with my choice.

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI