IGNORED

Need help with some recommendation of speakers for Desktop use

hi im here looking for recommendations for a good bassy pc speaker

i need something that is bassy, has bluetooth or can add a bluetooth receiver. ( i want to play music from my phone on my bed sometimes and not leave the phone on my desk )

is just 2 pieces as i do not have space to place a box subwoofer.

thanks in advance! try to recommend me something that can be bought on amazon... ( have credits there )

my budget is about 100-300 usd

i am using a MSI Z170A M5 Gaming motherboard which has some HD audio thingy if that makes any difference...

please use layman terms as i am very very very new to audio stuffs

It is better to start only one thread per topic.

Here is what I recommend, although it won't be "bassy" in the Bose sense. It is also a bit more ($500), but quite good quality:

Vanatoo powered speakers: my experiences - Blogs - Computer Audiophile

For Bluetooth, this would be worth checking out:

Wireless Bluetooth Music System - deepblue2 | Peachtree Audio

i need a 2 pc system because its for my desktop.

what about the jbl 305? someone told me to get that but how do i plug that into my pc setup instead of a studio setup?

the jbl lsr305s take an analog input. i would go usb to a dac with a volume control to lsr305s.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
the jbl lsr305s take an analog input. i would go usb to a dac with a volume control to lsr305s.

what is an analog input?

what is a usb to dac with volume control?

sorry im really new to this. please show me the item on amazon

A DAC is a digital to analogue converter. Both of the suggestions I posted have it built in. You can buy these things on Amazon, but you are in reality buying from the manufacturer anyway, just via an Amazon front end.

There is a lot of info on this website to introduce you to the various aspects of computer audio, including what a DAC is, for example. Just take a look around the website.

Here is a beginner's guide I wrote (very mac-centric)