IGNORED

Ifi Driver Won't Install

Forehaven

I just bought a new PC with Windows 10 Pro. I need to get the driver for a iFi Micro DSD. I tried USB Audio Driver 2.26.exe. But it won't open or load the driver.

Any ideas? No anti virus at the moment, to no avail.

Thanks for any help,

Chris

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

I just bought a new PC with Windows 10 Pro. I need to get the driver for a iFi Micro DSD. I tried USB Audio Driver 2.26.exe. But it won't open or load the driver.

Any ideas? No anti virus at the moment, to no avail.

Thanks for any help,

Chris

I just did a fresh download of the driver and installed on Windows 10, no problem. Maybe your download is corrupt, so try downloading again?

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - MacMini running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi wireless > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > iFi Audio xDSD + iFi Audio xCAN > Focal Elegia

Home Theater - Mac Mini running Roon Server > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Pioneer Elite SC-81 > MartinLogan Motion series home theater speakers + M&K subwoofer

I just did a fresh download of the driver and installed on Windows 10, no problem. Maybe your download is corrupt, so try downloading again?

So strange John. I've deleted and reinstalled multiple times, and it just flashes when opened. No app opens to load driver. This is a brand new computer and I don't understand why it worked flawlessly for you and nothing for me.

Thanks for trying! I appreciate the help.

Edit: Is it ok to get this message after dl'ing the file? "The publisher of IFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Driver 2.26.exe couldn't be verified" Gives me the option to Run or View downloads. Run again still won't open file.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

This is the part Chris 's pc never gets to. It unzips after executing, but never gets to this setup wizard intro page

ifi driver.jpg

Chris, I tried this on my Win10 pc and it works fine (and I have no DAC attached, it's just my HQP machine I was testing the download on).

Boy, I'd pay a ton at this point to see that .jpg! lol

I simply have no further ideas as to how to fix this.

Boy, I'd pay a ton at this point to see that .jpg! lol

I simply have no further ideas as to how to fix this.

Hi.

Sorry to ask a question but have you a pre-installed unzip software?

Failing this open a Support Ticket System and the techies will look after you.

Over at: AMR & iFi-Audio :: Support Ticket System

Thanks.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

Edit: Is it ok to get this message after dl'ing the file? "The publisher of IFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Driver 2.26.exe couldn't be verified" Gives me the option to Run or View downloads. Run again still won't open file.

Hi,

From afar, it seems your PC has the default security set to "super-max" and when you gets the warning you should ensure you click on the small hidden word "More info" which would allow you to select "Run this File anyway."

The Microsoft settings and the part to click is a little obscure.

win10 protect.jpg

Some editions of Win 10 install with "Super-Max" setting by default.

How to disable Windows SmartScreen in Windows 10

Hopefully this sheds more light and it should free your PC to run this download.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

• 4 months later...

I had the same problem, driven by Windows 10 "Anniversary" edition. But it was for LH Labs and Resonessence drivers.

It has to do with Microsoft's new digital signature requirements. I think it has caught out lots of vendors.

There is a solution I did yesterday to turn off the secure boot and signature check. Try search for articles on how to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk