IGNORED

Onkyo HF for iOS

Hailey

Does anyone have any experience with this? Onkyo offers painstaking directions...for a version of iTunes that's way out of date. I've spent almost a month trying to transfer high-res files from my computer to iTunes and then from iTunes to Onkyo HF...to no avail, at any step of the process.

I've developed such an aversion to the complexity of computer audio, I really don't listen to music anymore. But I thought I'd give it one more go. Thanks...

transferring music files from mac to iOS device

(itunes 12.4.1.6 on OSX 10.10.5 >> iOS 9.3.1)

(1) connect iOS device to mac.

(2) launch iOS device pane in iTunes (click on iOS device icon on top of iTunes pane).

(3) in iOS device pane, click “Apps”.

(4) slide “Apps” page up until you see: “File Sharing” mini-window listing apps for file sharing.

(5) click on “HF Player” to launch a mini-window (entitled “HF Player Docs” on the right).

(6) drag and drop music files/folders from any directory in mac into “HF Player Docs” mini window.

(7) wait for sync process to complete (progress bar will be visible).

(8) all done.

hth.

(2) launch iOS device pane in iTunes (click on iOS device icon on top of iTunes pane).

(4) slide “Apps” page up until you see: “File Sharing” mini-window listing apps for file sharing.

(5) click on “HF Player” to launch a mini-window (entitled “HF Player Docs” on the right).

(6) drag and drop music files/folders from any directory in mac into “HF Player Docs” mini window.

(8) all done.

hth.

Well outlined .

(8) all done.

hth.

I have the Onkyo HF player on both an iPod Touch and a Moto G Android phone. On the iPod Touch I can't just use a normal playlist with some Red Book and some High Res tracks on it, and I have to go through all the steps you outline above to get the High Res tracks onto it.

To synchronize the Android phone with an iTunes playlist I just need to create any playlist I like, including High Res tracks and use a program called iSyncr to just sync the lots without all the nonsense jumping though hoops opening 'apps' in iTunes and hunting things down in the Mac OS X file system.

Amazing really that it is easier to sync non-Apple devices with iTunes, and I have absolutely no idea what problem Apple think they are solving by not syncing High Res tracks. I would assume that if you've got High Res tracks in your collection you probably know what to do with them, and silently failing to sync isn't the most 'user friendly' behaviour.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

I have the Onkyo HF player on both an iPod Touch and a Moto G Android phone. On the iPod Touch I can't just use a normal playlist with some Red Book and some High Res tracks on it, and I have to go through all the steps you outline above to get the High Res tracks onto it.

To synchronize the Android phone with an iTunes playlist I just need to create any playlist I like, including High Res tracks and use a program called iSyncr to just sync the lots without all the nonsense jumping though hoops opening 'apps' in iTunes and hunting things down in the Mac OS X file system.

Amazing really that it is easier to sync non-Apple devices with iTunes, and I have absolutely no idea what problem Apple think they are solving by not syncing High Res tracks. I would assume that if you've got High Res tracks in your collection you probably know what to do with them, and silently failing to sync isn't the most 'user friendly' behaviour.

Apple used to be great. Now they're the new Microsoft. I switched over to Android for music and I'm not going back. There's no comparison. A lot more software is available, and you don't have all the restrictions.