IGNORED

Van Morrison - It's Too Late to Stop Now… Volumes II, III, IV & DVD

Hi everyone,

I read great reviews of this new box set (and have loved original since it was released). However, I haven't seen any comparisons between the CD box set and hi res download from HD Tracks (minus the liner notes). I'm on the fence with HD Tracks, but really eager to pull the trigger on the CD. Anyone else have the set in either format?

I also understand the original will be remastered and re-released as hi res, but that is another conversation.

Hi everyone,

I read great reviews of this new box set (and have loved original since it was released). However, I haven't seen any comparisons between the CD box set and hi res download from HD Tracks (minus the liner notes). I'm on the fence with HD Tracks, but really eager to pull the trigger on the CD. Anyone else have the set in either format?

I also understand the original will be remastered and re-released as hi res, but that is another conversation.

I bought the HD Tracks version yesterday. It is awesome--what a talent, and a terrific recording--feels like he's in the room. Kicking myself for not seeing Van on his recent tour. Like many, I've had mixed results from HD Tracks; but this one is worth it. I'd also recommend the HD Tracks version of Astral Weeks--one of my favorite recordings.

Do you have more intel on the Volume I release? I saw it on Amazon, but not HD Tracks; and I'm hoping to buy it from the latter.

I bought the HD Tracks version yesterday. It is awesome--what a talent, and a terrific recording--feels like he's in the room. Kicking myself for not seeing Van on his recent tour. Like many, I've had mixed results from HD Tracks; but this one is worth it. I'd also recommend the HD Tracks version of Astral Weeks--one of my favorite recordings.

Do you have more intel on the Volume I release? I saw it on Amazon, but not HD Tracks; and I'm hoping to buy it from the latter.

Downloading now. Thanks. On Volume I, this is from Sony:

"Also Coming: ..IT'S TOO LATE TO STOP NOW...VOLUME I, Remastered High Resolution Edition of Morrison's Groundbreaking Live Concert Masterpiece Album, Available in 2CD and 2LP Configurations"

For the next day or so there is a discount code that will get you 20% off of HD tracks which makes it within a few dollars of the Qobuz price.

Just downloaded it and man is it good! Great music and great recording. Highly, highly recommended if you are a VM fan. The breadth of his catalog is just mind-boggling. This is great addition to it that I didn't even know existed.

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

Quite likely the finest live album of all time.

I own the original double LP, the first CD release, the 2008 CD remaster with one bonus track (Brown-Eyed Girl) and now this.

If you're hesitating about buying this (again), you should know that the original was a pick and mix of tracks from three different 1973 shows: Troubadour, L.A. May 23, Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, June 29, Rainbow, London July 23+24.

The new volumes contain all three complete shows. Amazingly, of the 45 tracks, 23 songs are only performed at one show, 22 are performed twice. Not a single song is repeated at all three shows.

Essentially, you get 2 1/2 completely different sets by Van at his peak with his 11-piece Caledonia Soul Orchestra.

No to be missed!

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

I just finished the set. It's really good. I always enjoyed the original release, but this one just great for all the reasons that Al and others have said. Thinking now about seeing Van Morrison at Forest Hills in New York City this fall (I'm in the DC area, so it is doable).

Now if I could only get the liner notes to the CD set...

The HD sounds spectacular. Cannot get over how pristine it it.

Also perhaps this is not the right forum for this but everyone should understand HD Tracks, Prosoundmasters, PONO, etc all receive the SAME files from the record companies. They are not vendor specific. All gripes or accolades should be directed at the record companies and I will tell you for a fact the Major Labels don't give 2 sh*ts about this business. When you see a week where the "big" release is the Manhattans catalogue trust me that is not your favorite retailer's choice lol.