IGNORED

Audio Issues: David Bowie Five Years: 1969-1973

So earlier this week I took the plunge and bought via HDtracks the 24/192 ALAC version of the David Bowie Five Years: 1969-1973 box set. Although I haven't yet had the time to critically listen to all of the albums, I have jumped around and while doing so, came across a few audio issues that I'm wondering if anyone else who has downloaded either the box set or the individual albums from which these problem tracks are from are hearing the same glitches I'm hearing. All listening done using iTunes 12.4.1 and Pure Music 3.0.5 on Sennheiser HD700s via Schiit Audio Bitfrost Multibit DAC, Valhalla 2 OTL headphone amp from my 2014 15" MacBook Pro Retina and WD Thunderbolt Duo external RAID HD.

1) "Changes (2015 Remastered Version)" - track #1 from Hunky Dory. The audio issue I hear starts at :20 and lasts until :50 and it is a slight but perceptible "garbling" in the upper register of the background strings behind Bowie's voice. When I compare it to my 16/44 rip from the CD there is none of this garbling of the strings. It makes me wonder if this is a remastering error?

2) "Cracked Actor (2013 Remastered Version)" track 5 from Aladdin Sane. There is a digital "hiccup" at :39.

3) Track 5 from PinUps downloads with title "I Can't Explain" but should be "Everything's Alright." Audio is correct, it is just the title that is incorrect.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else who has bought these tracks from HDtracks, in whatever format and sample rate, to see if you experience the same issues. The unexpectedly great news is that upon submitting these issues to HDtracks customer support, they promptly refunded my purchase price. That was amazing customer service. However, still no solution on how to replace the tracks with issues.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche

• 1 month later...
I came across a few audio issues that I'm wondering if anyone else who has downloaded either the box set or the individual albums from which these problem tracks are from are hearing the same glitches I'm hearing.

1) "Changes (2015 Remastered Version)" - track #1 from Hunky Dory. The audio issue I hear starts at :20 and lasts until :50 and it is a slight but perceptible "garbling" in the upper register of the background strings behind Bowie's voice. When I compare it to my 16/44 rip from the CD there is none of this garbling of the strings. It makes me wonder if this is a remastering error?

2) "Cracked Actor (2013 Remastered Version)" track 5 from Aladdin Sane. There is a digital "hiccup" at :39.

3) Track 5 from PinUps downloads with title "I Can't Explain" but should be "Everything's Alright." Audio is correct, it is just the title that is incorrect.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else who has bought these tracks from HDtracks, in whatever format and sample rate, to see if you experience the same issues. The unexpectedly great news is that upon submitting these issues to HDtracks customer support, they promptly refunded my purchase price. That was amazing customer service. However, still no solution on how to replace the tracks with issues.

you're not alone, i've met the same problems with these tracks, changes also has some garbling in the right channel along the strings after a cymbal crash fades away

(sorry for my english, it's not my native language)