IGNORED

Who and What?

Inspired by the thread - "Lame brushes with fame... Which of your musical heroes have you met?" Lame brushes with fame... Which of your musical heroes have you met?

I thought I'd create a thread to talk about something similar.

Questions:

1. If you could meet any living artist / musician/ entertainer who would it be?

2. What would you say or ask the person?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Pete Townshend. Both because of his music and because he'd be an interesting guy to talk to in general. I might have said Springsteen for the same reasons, but he's already taken.:)

John Mclaughlin - I'm fascinated by musicians who manage to successfully integrate different styles and types of music. He's one of the best at that - with Rock, Jazz, and Indian Music. So it would be cool to talk to him about different musics and musicians.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Pete Townshend. Both because of his music and because he'd be an interesting guy to talk to in general. I might have said Springsteen for the same reasons, but he's already taken.:)

Clearly it's a case of great minds thinking alike. I kept going back and forth between Townshend and Springsteen before I finally chose Bruce. I'm sure you must have read Pete's autobiography from a year or so back. Absolutely fascinating portrait, and he pulled no punches. One of the more honest autobiographies I've read and an incredible history of that era of rock music.

JC

Jimmy Page.

How does so much intensity emanate from such a quiet soft spoken man?

Incredibly gifted guitarist and musician, however, if you know the checkered history of Page, his intensity emanated in quite a number of different ways. Many not at all good.

JC

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jonathan Richman, talking with him his memories from the Velvet Underground/Factory period and how it is to play with John Cale as a sidekick far away from fame.

Starting at late breakfast in a rooming house at Venice beach, finishing early morning dancing in a Lesbian bar. Could be nice ;-)

Thought long and hard about answering this one.

As jazz is my first love, it would have to be Herbie Hancock. His career has spanned generations and connected so many legendary and future legendary artists. He is a living legend in our time. It would be great to sit and listen to him talk about the creative process of collaborating with musicians within the jazz world and also across genre. Over time he has proven to be a master at providing a platform/spotlight for those in his ensembles to significant creative effect. Chick Corea would be another in this light.

Don't judge me, but a close second would be Sting. His first jazz collaborations extending out of the Police were mind blowing to me as a drummer in my youth. I had two of my worlds colliding in the best way possible (Sting plus Branford and the rest of that band). It was ice cream AND chocolate to my teenage self.

• 2 weeks later...

For me it would be.

Anneke van Giersbergen van Giersbergen because she is such a nice person

Brothers Cavanagh for being such great musicians.

Aaron Stainthorpe for creating a great genre of music

I have no particular questions, would prefer to invite them to a bbq and a beer.

[br]