IGNORED

Green Regen (cased) + Amber Regen + (2) Linear Power supplies 9V Ebay LCheapos

The Green version was the original version. Uptone found that by adding a few more ohms of ground resistance and changing the circuit slightly that they could get even better overall results. The bass characteristics changed slightly (a little less bass in my opinion) but that was the only audible difference I heard. They officially revised the circuit and called it the Amber (the Green had a green LED and the revised version an Amber LED). There is more on the exact details of the revision on the Computer Audiophile Website if you want to go through the thread on it ut it is very long. Bottom line is they are really quite similar and both do a fantastic job matching impedance and improving sonics

The LPS were both bought from China on Ebay for about $75 each shipped.

I found the Regens don't improve my new DAC, a Chord Hugo mainly because of the circuit architecture and the use of the resistor based ladder DAC. I am going to retry the Intona, which provides better galvanic isolation, instead.

The Green version was the original version. Uptone found that by adding a few more ohms of ground resistance and changing the circuit slightly that they could get even better overall results. The bass characteristics changed slightly (a little less bass in my opinion) but that was the only audible difference I heard. They officially revised the circuit and called it the Amber (the Green had a green LED and the revised version an Amber LED). There is more on the exact details of the revision on the Computer Audiophile Website if you want to go through the thread on it ut it is very long. Bottom line is they are really quite similar and both do a fantastic job matching impedance and improving sonics

The LPS were both bought from China on Ebay for about $75 each shipped.

I found the Regens don't improve my new DAC, a Chord Hugo mainly because of the circuit architecture and the use of the resistor based ladder DAC. I am going to retry the Intona, which provides better galvanic isolation, instead.

Thank you very much, it clears so many confusions.

What should I use with my Geek Pulse SFi DAC that would actually give me sonic benefits? I am new to this thread and have no idea how to navigate.

The Regen works well with the Geek Pulse products. I used dual Regens (one at source output and one at dac input) with my Pulse Infinity. I thought I heard a slight improvement adding the second one in. The primary one at the DAC input made a very worthwhile improvement. A definite step up in sonic quality.

The Regen works well with the Geek Pulse products. I used dual Regens (one at source output and one at dac input) with my Pulse Infinity. I thought I heard a slight improvement adding the second one in. The primary one at the DAC input made a very worthwhile improvement. A definite step up in sonic quality.

Thank you very much, I owe you for this useful information.

What do you mean by this, are these two REGENs in line with each other on both ends of the USB cable? If yes, WOW.

What do you think, should I just get Intona and call it a day or do I get REGEN alone?

• 7 months later...