IGNORED

Audirvana 2.5.2 not jiving with Dirac 1.2

I confirm the 2.5.2 version works well and sounds very nice. Thanks Damien !
However, I am testing Dirac 1.2 and have issues with the direct mode (does not work Actually). Does anyone have similar experience ?

Thanks in advance

Audirvana 2.5.2 + Dirac 1.2 works. but not without some issues:

(a) it is not possible to transit smoothly from redbook rips to higher-res albums, and vice versa. playback will stop. one will then have to "press" the square “stop” button on-screen, wait for track loading, then press “play". this is somewhat irritating because...

(b) one cannot use the Audirvana iOS app to control playback. because the app does not have a "stop" button. it has a pause button. poke it once. twice. repeatedly. and, nothing happens. so, back to (a). which means: the iOS app is pretty kind of pointless at this point in time.

© occasionally, Audirvana will inform user that it: "Device does not support Direct Mode". which it actually does... if one restarts mac, relaunches Audirvana + Dirac DAP.

⤴︎ happening on an early 2015 13” 2.7Ghz i5 Macbook Pro with 8GB of RAM running OSX 10.11.5.

1. anyone else experiencing such issues?

2. ideas to make things better?

TQ.

I'm still using the beta plug-in with Audrivana, which is (and has always been) flawless. Dirac has indicated they aren't going to update the plug-in, which is really unfortunate. Meanwhile, if you can get ahold of the current plug-in version. I predict you will be happy.

(b) one cannot use the Audirvana iOS app to control playback. because the app does not have a "stop" button. it has a pause button. poke it once. twice. repeatedly. and, nothing happens. so, back to (a). which means: the iOS app is pretty kind of pointless at this point in time.

My understanding is that if you press and hold the pause button in the iOS app, that will perform a "stop" action for you.

A.

I'm still using the beta plug-in with Audrivana, which is (and has always been) flawless. Dirac has indicated they aren't going to update the plug-in, which is really unfortunate. Meanwhile, if you can get ahold of the current plug-in version. I predict you will be happy.

yup, you are right. was using the beta plug-in = no issues, until flak posted that 1.2 would also be useful with HQPlayer. so, tried it for a month-ish with Audirvana as well.

DAP route = more refined sounding (purely subjective + not verifiable statement = could be purely psychological).

things got a bit intermittent with Audirvana 2.4 upgrade. then, along came Audirvana 2.5.2, which when partnered with Dirac 1.2, sounded more transparent.

but, houston, we have a problem... with sample-rate switching.

guess "rolling back" to plug-in is an option.

shame though: it does sound like a decent upgrade... until you need to change albums.

My understanding is that if you press and hold the pause button in the iOS app, that will perform a "stop" action for you.

A.

sadly, in this scenario, the "stop" function on the iOS app was/is not created equal to the "stop" button on the OSX software.

on bright side: old-ish dog learnt new trick.

TQ.

Dirac has indicated they aren't going to update the plug-in, which is really unfortunate.

Did they? That would be really unfortunate, it's by far the best way to use Dirac if you use an AU compatible player like A+.

Mac Mini > RME ADI-2 DAC > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11 speakers & C1 subwoofer

Did they? That would be really unfortunate, it's by far the best way to use Dirac if you use an AU compatible player like A+.

apparently so.

Sonarworks plug-in for head-fi has been going great guns for months. Dirac plug-in was also doing fine.

so, looks like “plugging in” is the hassle-free way to go for now...

if one wants to enjoy music using the latest iteration of Audirvana + the Dirac on the ‘much loved’ OSX 10.11.5...

instead of wasting time trying to solve a software problem that is, as elegantly put in another thread, ‘not bringing food to the table’. one would think that someone(s) else is/are paid to enjoy hours of doing such things.

© occasionally, Audirvana will inform user that it: "Device does not support Direct Mode". which it actually does... if one restarts mac, relaunches Audirvana + Dirac DAP.

I'm having this problem since 2.5.1.4 without using Dirac.

recent experiments:

(1) setting Dirac Live 1.2 DAP as ‘preferred audio device’ for Audirvana 2.5.2 playback yields more refined vocals and mids + improved imaging depth. as usual, YMMV.

however, as noted earlier, switching playback to 24/88 or higher-res files, after listening to 16/44 files, requires getting up from couch and fingering macbook.

(2) no problems using Dirac beta plug-in mode with Audirvana 2.5.2.

(3) filters created for different Dirac modes are different = no bass when using plug-in mode filter in DAP mode + DAP mode requires higher amp gain.