IGNORED

Questions about the ULN-2

I don't want to hi-jack the ULN-2 threads that seem to have their own complexities. My questions about the ULN-2, in which I am quite interested, don't quite fit.

1) The ULN-2 can be powered with eternal power. Has anyone tried an SLA battery? My AC power if filthy with rfi. Before I got a power conditioner I would hear radio in languages--possibly eastern European--that I did recognize. Not sure where this comes from (I live in Albany, NY), near the NYS Capitol (I blame it on bureaucratic corruption; at least that makes as much sense as anything else). I am now using battery-powered Red Wine Audio amps, and think getting away from AC as much as possible is a good idea.

2) Has any one compared the headphone output, using high-quality cans, with high-end headphone amps?

Thanks,

db

"I would hear radio in languages--possibly eastern European--that I did recognize. Not sure where this comes from (I live in Albany, NY), near the NYS Capitol (I blame it on bureaucratic corruption; at least that makes as much sense as anything else)."

Probably just foreign wiretappers listening in on your conversations. :)

Re the ULN-2 questions - I've not tried battery powered, although many batteries as used by the 'tapers' should be fine, connected via the XLR power input.

see http://taperssection.com/index.php?board=25.0

I've also not used the headphone out, I use Gordon's portable Proton for that, which sounds awesome, BTW.

clay