IGNORED

New Beck Track "Wow" In 24/96 WAV

I'm not a dynamic range nazi, but this brings up an interesting question. Assuming the original source material was recorded & archived with a DR4, what would be the possible benefits of releasing in a high-res format? Frequency response beyond 21khz?

Synology DS1515+ >  PS Audio P10 > Innuos Zenith Mk II running Roon Core > IsoRegen/LPS-1 > Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 > Tekton Double Impact Speakers

It's a cool track, but those focussed on the technical aspects and ultimate sound quality will want to skip it.

DR value = 4

I'll place my vote against this type of extreme compression with my wallet and just keep my money in my pocket. Plenty of other music to support and spend my money on. :(

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.