IGNORED

Roon remote loses library

wdw

Just auditioning ROON but find the iPad app will often lose the library. The workaround for me is to delete and download the app. Anyone having a similar problem or can recommend a patch?

My network is robust so assume it must be the app.

Cheers,

Warren

Just auditioning ROON but find the iPad app will often lose the library. The workaround for me is to delete and download the app. Anyone having a similar problem or can recommend a patch?

Cheers,

Warren

Have not seen this problem, and I use it fairly frequently. Good luck working it out.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I encounter this once in a while. I just terminate the app by swiping up in app switcher. It finds my library quickly after being relaunched.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

I encounter this once in a while. I just terminate the app by swiping up in app switcher. It finds my library quickly after being relaunched.

Hello Kenny,

So not sure what is meant by "swiping up in app switcher"...I know, just a dummy!

Thanks,

Warren

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Cheers,

Warren

When you say "losing your library" you mean the remote cannot locate your Roon Library?

Warren where is your music library stored?

Also do you have energy saving or sleep settings the system you are running Roon/Roonserver on?

Apple Menu -> System Preferences-> Energy Saver

Check settings for computer sleep, and Put Hard Drives to Sleep when possible.

I have seen this happen on a Mac Mini running RoonServer based on what it had for sleep settings. If one does a screenshare over to the Mac Mini everything works again.

Anyway, let us know.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

When you say "losing your library" you mean the remote cannot locate your Roon Library?

Warren where is your music library stored?

Also do you have energy saving or sleep settings the system you are running Roon/Roonserver on?

Apple Menu -> System Preferences-> Energy Saver

Check settings for computer sleep, and Put Hard Drives to Sleep when possible.

I have seen this happen on a Mac Mini running RoonServer based on what it had for sleep settings. If one does a screenshare over to the Mac Mini everything works again.

Anyway, let us know.

Great advice...Thanks, Baddog....did have the server on sleep settings.

Swipe also worked to re-establish connection to the network. Thanks, Kenny!

Library on a Synology NAS on an Airport Base station and the server and DAC are hard-wired ethernet. Loving ROON but still have my suspisions that Audirvana has the edge on sound quality.

Loving ROON but still have my suspisions that Audirvana has the edge on sound quality.

I'd agree with that assessment. Roon + HQPlayer, though … that's a different kettle of fish.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Hello Kenny,

So not sure what is meant by "swiping up in app switcher"...I know, just a dummy!

Thanks,

Warren

It is how you (counter-intuitively) quit an app in newer versions of iOS. AppleTV4 implemented this travesty as well.

Quitting and restarting the app may force it to refresh the library. (This solves an analogous problem with Apple's iOS Remote.app, FWIW.)

I'd agree with that assessment. Roon + HQPlayer, though … that's a different kettle of fish.

--David

Keep hearing these comments concerning ROON and HDPlayer...would you say significantly better than A+? Had a look at HQ and the interface was scary to say the least. I suspect using ROON in ths case helps avoid the worst of it.

Chees,

wdw

Keep hearing these comments concerning ROON and HDPlayer...would you say significantly better than A+? Had a look at HQ and the interface was scary to say the least. I suspect using ROON in ths case helps avoid the worst of it.

With respect to sound quality, I can say definitively that they sound significantly different (when HQP is doing its upsampling/filtering thing). To my ears, HQP is significantly better, but I have encountered some people who prefer Roon by itself. I think this is both system specific and dependent on individual taste.

With respect to setup of HQP, it's not as bad as it might initially appear. There's a lot of really good info and help on the Roon forums (and here, of course).

Both concerns are valid but are pretty easily assessed by downloading the HQP trial. Since you already have Roon set up, I'd download and install the HQP trial, get HQP working to your satisfaction on its own, and then implement the Roon/HQP integration, which should be pretty easy, especially if you have Roon Core or Server and HQP running on the same machine (and not that much more difficult if they're on different machines).

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5