IGNORED

Bookshelf speakers.

I'm thinking of buying the DefTech 55's bookshelf speakers was wondering if anybody out there had a pair, my question is can they be driven by the SMSL Q5 pro (latest version) or should I just buy a bigger amplifier. But I keep looking at the ELAC B6 same question I feel the DefTech 55 is better.

• 2 weeks later...

You're current amp should be OK. The speakers you are looking at are not too hard to drive. Most of the time, they get paired with mass market receivers.

Your dealer shouldn't have any problem with you bringing your amp in and trying it, just to be sure.

Already bought the DefTech waiting for delivery, possibly by Friday I'll let you know how it goes.

Great value. Great little speaker. Just sold two pair to a dance studio that needed good sound, some bass, small size and in their budget. Terrific speakers.

David

My DefTech SM55 are at my computer desk and let me tell you I think they're to good to be a bookshelf speaker , MY GOD!! they are amazing the high end , the low end , the mids , am I going crazy don't know but they sound like a much bigger speaker. These are my first high end speaker high end for me anyway and they are top notch man great investment.

My DefTech SM55 are at my computer desk and let me tell you I think they're to good to be a bookshelf speaker , MY GOD!! they are amazing the high end , the low end , the mids , am I going crazy don't know but they sound like a much bigger speaker. These are my first high end speaker high end for me anyway and they are top notch man great investment.

So I guess you like them?

David

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentlemen ABRAXAS here I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a decent subwoofer to compliment my DefTech SM 55's. I just feel with older music they might need it don't get me wrong they still sound fantastic just want a little something to taste if you follow what I'm saying thanks.

Ladies and Gentlemen ABRAXAS here I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a decent subwoofer to compliment my DefTech SM 55's. I just feel with older music they might need it don't get me wrong they still sound fantastic just want a little something to taste if you follow what I'm saying thanks.

Not sure of your budget. For my desktop system at work, I've been happy with my $250 Elac S10.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Are any of these ergonomically suitable for your application?

I've had the F12SE since early 2012, but the L12 might be more appropriate for your environment:

Rythmik Audio • Direct Servo subwoofer products

• 2 weeks later...