IGNORED

Linear Power Supply for Brooklyn. Which one you've ever tried?

17 hours ago, intensemojo said:

Is this a replacement or an add-on?

"This summer Sbooster releases the Ultra MKII.

The Sbooster Ultra MKII is designed as an additional upgrade for our BOTW P&P ECO MKI and MKII power supplies. The Sbooster Ultra MKII has to be connected directly to the Sbooster split-current module of the BOTW P&P ECO."

Hi, I’m NOT representing SBooster Company.

But Yes the Ultra MK.II is an ADD on for BOTW P&P Eco mk I and the new BOTW P&P ECO mk II.

Regards Monge

• 4 weeks later...

I have an original Brooklyn DAC and haven't gotten around to buying an LPS for it yet.

Is it safe to assume that it is worth waiting for the BOTW P&P ECO 12-13V MKII to ship later this month?

And is the Ultra MKII upgrade suitable for use with the first-gen Brooklyn? 

• 1 month later...

I am interested in purchasing the Brooklyn DAC+ and the Sonore ultraRendu.  I'm also considering buying the JS-2 linear power supply.  I have two questions.  First, it's been recommended here that the Brooklyn DAC+ sounds best at 13.2V.  How is that voltage achieved?  All of the power supplies I have read about here output 12V.  Second, can I use the same JS-2 to power both the ultraRendu and the DAC+?  If this is possible, it would be a little easier for me to justify the cost of the JS-2.

• 1 year later...

Dear friend,

I do have KECES P8 both two output and single output version. After more than five hours of testing with my Brooklyn DAC, no doubt the single output version is better. More vivid, more powerful, deeper and solid bass (It doesn't mean more bass).

My system is as follow

Pre amp:Nuforce P9, power amp: R9 Ver 3. 

source: computer ECA Liva Core fanless i3 computer

software: Jriver media player

music file: flac files

DAC: Brooklyn DAC.

Speaker: Altec Lansing 288-16G + TESLA ARO9408

I will find a better DC cable to replace the one sent with the machine. I found it sounds less colorful in comparison with original switching power.

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2019 at 11:57 AM, voyager said:

I will find a better DC cable to replace the one sent with the machine. I found it sounds less colorful in comparison with original switching power.

Check out these cables.  Big sonic upgrade versus the stock Keces cable:  http://www.ghentaudio.com/part/list-dc.html

Seems like there are more options in terms of cable manufacturers, believe mine was Canare wire and Oyaide plugs.  Looks like tehre some beefier/lower gauge wires now available.

Tone with Soul