IGNORED

Brooklyn vs T+A DAC8 DSD What should be the best choice. (Final decision before ordering)

i will go audiotioning them may be next week in Bangkok where fly over an hour from where i live. So i need to cut down some of them out of my wish list because of time limit.

Now i need your comment about Brooklyn vs T+A DAC8 DSD which i think they have potentially suit my taste.

Please feel free to comment as much as possible. Thanks ^^

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

Up late, getting ready to call it a night and came across your NEW post, lol.

I will give you two thoughts.

First, as I mentioned before, to get the best out of the Brooklyn you need a VERY good external power supply. Cost wise will be in the $800-1,000+ range IMHO, like the Uptone Audio JS-2 power supply. You could spend less but then you will get less out of it and I think you want to know what is the best you can expect.

That brings the cost of the Brooklyn to around $3,000.00 USD. Still $1,000.00 less then the T+A DAC 8 DSD.

Second, I have heard both in the same system. With the Brooklyn using a really good external power supply.

So I recently sold my DAC and need to replace it. So I could by the Brooklyn and use it with my Uptone Audio JS-2 and my Mac Mini that is also powered by the JS-2, as it can power two units.

And what did I just buy today?

T+A DAC 8 DSD!!

And now I will be selling my tricked out Mac Mini and JS-2! And building a new computer to go with the T+A.

Does that tell you what my thoughts are?

However you decide you will be getting a really great DAC. Good luck.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

Up late, getting ready to call it a night and came across your NEW post, lol.

I will give you two thoughts.

First, as I mentioned before, to get the best out of the Brooklyn you need a VERY good external power supply. Cost wise will be in the $800-1,000+ range IMHO, like the Uptone Audio JS-2 power supply. You could spend less but then you will get less out of it and I think you want to know what is the best you can expect.

That brings the cost of the Brooklyn to around $3,000.00 USD. Still $1,000.00 less then the T+A DAC 8 DSD.

Second, I have heard both in the same system. With the Brooklyn using a really good external power supply.

So I recently sold my DAC and need to replace it. So I could by the Brooklyn and use it with my Uptone Audio JS-2 and my Mac Mini that is also powered by the JS-2, as it can power two units.

And what did I just buy today?

T+A DAC 8 DSD!!

And now I will be selling my tricked out Mac Mini and JS-2! And building a new computer to go with the T+A.

Does that tell you what my thoughts are?

However you decide you will be getting a really great DAC. Good luck.

Thanks.Hifial

Do you know about its clock and DAC chip?

I don't see they mentioned on T+A website.

Anyway.. Do you live in the US?

Sorry for waking you up. It may be late night there. I've just finished my lunch here!! ^^

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

Thanks.Hifial

Do you know about its clock and DAC chip?

I don't see they mentioned on T+A website.

Anyway.. Do you live in the US?

Sorry for waking you up. It may be late night there. I've just finished my lunch here!! ^^

T+A uses NO Dac chip for DSD...Its a discrete output stage with filters. The PCM side of the Dac is a BB chip, IIRC. Technically, its 2 Dacs in one box.

If you care about top class DSD, the Mytek will not be as technically competent as The Dac8.

T+A uses NO Dac chip for DSD...Its a discrete output stage with filters. The PCM side of the Dac is a BB chip, IIRC. Technically, its 2 Dacs in one box.

If you care about top class DSD, the Mytek will not be as technically competent as The Dac8.

Thanks.

And... What about the clock?

Is it a Femto clock? or OCXO or something?

Thanks.

And... What about the clock?

Is it a Femto clock? or OCXO or something?

I don't know the spec of the 2 clocks nor the supplier. I do know that Lothar Wiemann, the designer of the DAC 8 DSD and the PDP-3000HV, is very proud of the jitter control that he has implemented on the clocks and the pretty clever measures he uses to reduce ground plane noise to a minimum. He also emphasizes that as the sampling frequency goes higher, jitter control becomes more important, and more difficult. He points out that tight component tolerances are very important, and you don't get this level of component tolerance from commercial in chip implementations

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

Having had the T+A for just 2 days, I would also say that the DAC is awesome with DSD512 content. With DSD128, it was equivalent to my Auralic VEGA in my system.

So, you need to listen to it with the PC-source, USB cable, HQP settings (or whatever you're using to generate DSD512) that you'll end up having in your system to be able to do a reproducible test. This then makes the PC-source hardware critical. Motherboard, CPU, power supply, CUDA card selection. And whether your source is TIDAL streaming, lower bit-rate streaming, local FLAC, local DSD etc

I don't know the spec of the 2 clocks nor the supplier. I do know that Lothar Wiemann, the designer of the DAC 8 DSD and the PDP-3000HV, is very proud of the jitter control that he has implemented on the clocks ...

I did find that keeping my W4S Remedy between the PC and DAC does improve things

You know that Femto clock is a marketing term, right?

Yes i knew that. Actually i don't know much about this thing. I only know that most of DACs use it. But finally, no matter what they use, if it sounds good, it is good and worth to buy.

Unfortunately it's not available in Thailand for now.

Do you know trust website which i can buy it?

EuroD or Hifial (i can't remember) sorry, recommended me a website where in the US. So it's too far. Shipping origin in Europe or Asia is better for me. ^^

Yes i knew that. Actually i don't know much about this thing. I only know that most of DACs use it. But finally, no matter what they use, if it sounds good, it is good and worth to buy.

Unfortunately it's not available in Thailand for now.

Do you know trust website which i can buy it?

EuroD or Hifial (i can't remember) sorry, recommended me a website where in the US. So it's too far. Shipping origin in Europe or Asia is better for me. ^^

I also gave you a link to T+A web site with a list of dealers in Asia.

You could also send T+A an email asking for a recommendation.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

I also gave you a link to T+A web site with a list of dealers in Asia.

You could also send T+A an email asking for a recommendation.

Thanks Hifial

I've just send a personal message to you. I have some problem.