IGNORED

Audirvana Direct Mode?

jolon

What is your opinion of A+ Direct Mode?  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

Give me a break. Terrible things? Stop being a drama queen. I used to work at Apple Corporate doing Tier 3 and Tier 4 support for the operating system. As an Apple engineer I would have to tell you not to do this. But, I know that using a older audio kext file in this way would have minimal potential negative impact.

If you are comfortable using the Unix command line interface and can follow instructions, it's not a big deal. If you aren't comfortable, leave it alone.

I totally agree with you, and up-voted you (or whatever it was called), but I had to turn off PM for awhile after getting piles of messages from people (some even offering to pay me), asking me to unfuck their computer after blindly running (usually commercial) "system optimization" shell-scripts that they didn't even read, let alone know how to back out of.

4 minutes ago, Yucca06 said:

...will try again, but recovery mode seems not to work for my hackintosh. I regret to have installed Sierra, but too late...

Anyway, your tutorial is perfect for "genuine" Mac users.

I've never used a Hackintosh, but you should be able to get into single-user (root command-line) mode by rebooting while holding down the command and s keys.

Then mount the drive,

fsck –fy
mount –uw /

and 

cd /System/Library/Extensions

remove the offending kernel extension and replace it with the one you hopefully backed up.  (If you didn't, just remove the offending one and hope it boots now.)