IGNORED

Audirvana DSD Suspended!

I've finally had it with A+ DSD (beta). I've put up with the *echo* effect for weeks (where the file is played simultaneously, slightly delayed, for about 10 secs). This happens every now or then....pretty much every day. But what finally tipped it over for me was the left channel completely cutting out - this latest time for quite a while. I had to reboot to get sound back through the left speaker. This made me switch back to zero A+ isotope upsampling and let my Concero HD take over up sampling duties with native files. Sounds great. Honestly, the sonic advantages for me with A+ DSD are nolonger worth the glitches which happen frequently with the beta, in my experience. YMMV. I'll certainly try DSD again once Damien figures it out and we get the next official update.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Yes... you are right if you have bugs... But Betas are for that purpose... testing.

For me all is working good and finally, for me have no more problems from switching sample rate hiccups and A+ (or Apple) not locking signal with my USB...

I was already conveting with JRiver at DSD128 but found out that their system was not converting all songs as good as they were in PCM, A+ was good at it compare to JRiver for that song that i see the difference...

You'll be back in A+ i'm sure OldBigEars if you want to upsample :-)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I've also put DSD to rest until the kinks get ironed out. However it's hardly worth starting a thread over ya think? I'm still using A+ with no up-sampling.

I'm not sure why I wouldn't start a thread...what constitutes a thread-worthy occasion?.... But I'd like to stress that in no way am I criticizing Damien's brilliant development work. I remain committed to A+ and have every confidence he'll sort out these issues. Naturally, when you sign up for a beta you must expect some shortcomings. Got it. From my perspective, the issues with DSD have led to me re-discovering or re-evaluating non-upsampled PCM. The Concero filters seem to do an excellent job although I would say that DSM has the musical edge - when it works. And this is encouraging for the future.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Well no stress. It appears that OldBigEars and I feel exactly the same way. Didn't intend to offend. But bit dramatic this thread title is all. I apologise and back to the music. Eagerly waiting for the full bug free, low CPU usage version of A+.

Well no stress. It appears that OldBigEars and I feel exactly the same way. Didn't intend to offend. But bit dramatic this thread title is all. I apologise and back to the music. Eagerly waiting for the full bug free, low CPU usage version of A+.

Yep, you're right...my title was not well worded. Apologies if it offended anyone. I'm sure it won't be long before we get all the upsides of DSD without the usage bugs.

He said he rushed the release of this update to deal with a problem Apple introduced with the 10.11.5 update, knowing that there were still some DSD upsampling bugs to be worked out.

I think the word "suspended" implies Damien withdrew the update, which I don't think is the case.