IGNORED

Is this true? Audiophile Optimizer only works with J.River v20?

Vocalpoint

Was just reading some threads over at the J.River forums - and saw this tidbit of info:

"I found that Audiophile Optimizer 1.4 (the latest version of this software) on Windows Server 2012 only works with JRiver MC 20."

If one has long since binned MC v20, is on v21 and about to move to v22 in the coming months - is an AO purchase a mistake?

I would have thought this addon would keep pace with MC versions?

Appreciate any info.

Cheers!

VP

Not true. I've been using AO + JRMC 21 for months.

Adam

PC: Hot rodded CAPS v4 Pipeline: Teradak ATX linear PSU, Jcat Femto USB card, UpTone Audio JS-2 + 2x LPS-1.2 combo, Jcat SSD battery PSU, Jcat SATA cable, TotalDAC D1 USB cable, SOtM sMS-200, W4S Recovery USB, Jcat USB Isolator, Win 2012, AO v2.10

Digital: Lampizator Pacific DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

I reached out to the OP in the other forum and he had this to say about what AO does during install (1.4):

"AO wants to look for the default installation location of JRiver "C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 20\" when setup in Core mode and JRiver as the default shell. Practically we use our audio PC like a digital music player, Server 2012 autologs on and start JRiver immediately. But it looks for MC20, of course I tried to rename the path and the .exe file name, but it didn't work this way."

Can anyone confirm that AO (v1.4) is actually suggesting/forcing/offering a default folder path of:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 20"

Or does it offer the default install path of whatever version of MC that is installed?

VP

• 2 weeks later...

Back when AO 1.40 was released, JRiver 20 was the latest version available. The Shell Replacement Feature of our ServiceTool checks what version of Jriver is installed (it knew about 17-20 at that time) and will then configure the shell replacement for the latest version of Jriver found. I wasn't smart enough at that time to "see in the future", so the ServiceTool of AO 1.40 does "only" Jriver 17-20.

The ServiceTool of the soon coming AO 2.00 will support JRiver 17-21 (and the coming 22 and even future 23 too! :-))

Hope that helps to clarifiy.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

The ServiceTool of the soon coming AO 2.00 will support JRiver 17-21 (and the coming 22 and even future 23 too! :-))Hope that helps to clarifiy.

Thanks Phil.

I am about to make the move to Server 2012R2 for my HTPC and would like to know when AO 2.00 will be available. I may as well go with the latest and greatest here.

Appreciate any updates you can share.

Cheers!

VP

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

AO 2.00 is available right now, including Shell Replacment for JRiver 17-23 (yes future 23 is included as well) :)

Best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi

AO 2.00 is available right now, including Shell Replacment for JRiver 17-23 (yes future 23 is included as well) :)

Best,

Phil

Phil,

Congrats on the v2 release. I am just in the process of ensuring my HTPC will work with JRMC on Windows 2012 R2 in stock mode before committing to a purchase of AO. Will be working on it this coming weekend and then I should be ready to roll.

You and I have exchanged a few emails in the past few months and I am the guy that will need audio AND video (HDMI) to be 100% working before I can move to AO.

I noticed there almost no mention of JRMC within the revised v2 AO manual - is that "by design"?

VP

"by design" is a pretty nice way of saying it yes :)

I don't want to offer a platform for JRiver to generate any kind of sales. But this does not mean i will punish my Users which "could" also be JRiver users. So my (or AO's) support will continue, but i won't be responsible for a single dollar this company earns.

Best,

Phil

"by design" is a pretty nice way of saying it yes :)

I don't want to offer a platform for JRiver to generate any kind of sales. But this does not mean i will punish my Users which "could" also be JRiver users. So my (or AO's) support will continue, but i won't be responsible for a single dollar this company earns.

Best,

Phil

Appreciate your ongoing ability to allow usage of MC within the AO environment.

Cheers,

VP

Hi

sure. We stand behind our products AND our customers.

br,

Phil