IGNORED

Bandcamp's Plan for the Future

Great blog post from Bandcamp, clear and persuasive.

I like Bandcamp a lot, clear and clean website, easy to explore to find new music, easy to download purchases (no separate app needed for downloads, like many other music sites)...and lots of music I like.

Dave, who also appreciates how he's been able to find recordings from some British performers not easily available or not o'wise reasonably priced here in the States

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yep - I do like Bandcamp - find some odd, unusual music there.

As opposed to odd, usual music? ;)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I love bandcamp. In my opinion, it has been one of the best things to happen to the music industry in recent years. It is great for fans and artists. I bought my first bandcamp album in 2012, and now have 439 albums in my collection. I am starting to see more labels that had an early presence on bandcamp (such as the excellent Paradise of Bachelors) become more established in mainstream commercial channels. I am also seeing some bigger labels adopt bandcamp, so they must also see the virtue of this service (e.g. Planet Mu, Ninja Tunes, R&S Records). I love that you can get high res downloads (I have many 24-bit 192khz from the wonderful Aleksi Perälä) and that streaming purchased albums works flawlessly. I love their website...as mentioned, it is easy to navigate and download. The ability to follow and see other fan's purchases has opened up so many new musical avenues for me. The only thing I would welcome at this stage would be a bandcamp app for iPad and more clarity over the bit depth/sample rate of digital downloads.

Bandcamp: I love you. Please don't change (apart from the two points I mentioned above ;-)).