IGNORED

Poll: Do design aesthetics matter to you for audio?

Do design aesthetics enter in to your audio equipment decisions?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Not important at all to me.  I would not have purchased one of these if it was:

Image result for ross martin dac

It's disappointing to see an RCA socket used for a 75 ohm Coaxial cable connection where they could have used a 75 ohms BNC socket for improved impedance matching.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Admittedly I am a sucker for a nice polished chassis and faceplate or the heavy-duty appearance with swiss watch type fasteners and hardware.  I really dislike the generic black aluminum project box type cases some companies use.  All my equipment tucks away out of sight though inside a night stand type piece of furniture.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

I'd love to hide my speakers behind acoustically transparent drapes.

I've recently moved the system to one of the corners behind the listening spot and it was a welcome (visual) improvement.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)