IGNORED

Will I benifit from using a W4S Recovery Usb with a Sotm card in my server?

I have been looking for aditional tweaks to gain improvements in my system. I am already using a Sound Science Music Vault Ultra 2 with the Sotm usb and a Wyred 4 Sound Dac 2 dsdse with femto clock. Would I see much improvement by adding the W4S Usb Recovery to the chain? Thx

I have been looking for aditional tweaks to gain improvements in my system. I am already using a Sound Science Music Vault Ultra 2 with the Sotm usb and a Wyred 4 Sound Dac 2 dsdse with femto clock. Would I see much improvement by adding the W4S Usb Recovery to the chain? Thx

It's hard to say. It probably depends on a number of factors, especially your DAC.

I used to run a Vortexbox server with an SOtM USB card in it and found that the W4S RUR was actually detrimental because it seemed to alter frequency balance in an unnatural way in my system. On the other hand, I had much better results with the Uptone REGEN.

And still A LOT better by going the Sonore microRendu way and removing the server to my upstairs office altogether.

But I suspect that you won't know for sure unless you try the RUR (or anything else) in your own system and listen with your ears and your taste in music.

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.