IGNORED

Red hot organization-day of the dead

Has anyone auditioned this new GD tribute album?

I found the recording to be harsh and coarse sounding(more mp3 less like a 16/44 FLAC) with just ROON alone/A+2.5/Amarra for TIDAL unless i used Neo Music 2 on my avr then it sounded 'better' smoother- I have mac mini 2013 i7 16gb RAM latest el capitan USB out to Schiit Gungnir 2013 uber pre multibit

I thought the renditions were interesting but some on the bland side

anyone else have an opinion

bobbmd

Hey Now,

I bought the CD set and have been auditioning them this weekend. Very enjoyable, some interesting interpretations. I have been up sampling all to DSD128 or 256 via HQPlayer and have not found the recordings to be harsh. Some of the recordings are distinctly better than some of the others in the collection.

I've been a Deadhead since '75 and know these songs well. A lot of the artists I have been listening to for the past several years or so. I was surprised at how many I was familiar with [emoji13] I also have been listening to the just released remastered Grateful Dead July 1978 Tour Set as well. The Red Rocks shows are stellar, and not because I was there, but the energy and vibes from the band is palpable. Keep on truckin'.

--

Finest kind,

Chris

- -

Finest kind,

Chris