IGNORED

MacMini setup for DSD256 DSD512

Thinking winners are those profiting from sales of storage. These 256 and 512 files require huge volumes of storage. Perhaps Meridian was addressing this to some extent with their latest format? As for upsampling, discovered overwhelming majority of time preferring native recordings to same upsampled on my (sold) Lumin A1. Have not tried the HQ Player.

“Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Steve Bannon

Chief Strategist for President Trump and attendee on United States National Security Council.

Thinking winners are those profiting from sales of storage. These 256 and 512 files require huge volumes of storage. Perhaps Meridian was addressing this to some extent with their latest format? As for upsampling, discovered overwhelming majority of time preferring native recordings to same upsampled on my (sold) Lumin A1. Have not tried the HQ Player.

I just love the nay sayers' who have not tried what the nay about.

Storage is cheap. I just saw a Seagate 5TB drive for $130.00. That can hold a lot of DSD files. But there are no DSD512 at this time and may never be.

BUT we are talking about UP-SAMPLING in REAL TIME so NO extra storage is needed. And for the most part using HQ Player to do this.

Also you need a DAC that can benefit from this. Not all DACs can benefit from up-sampling and will sound better sending it the native sample rate.

I am not surprised what you experienced with your Lumin though.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A