IGNORED

Limited Edition Beatles USB Stick 44.1 kHz 24 bit

Gotta wonder better worse?

Apple-Shaped USB Includes Complete Audio and Visuals from the Re-mastered Stereo CDs

Why not the mono's ?

A specially designed Flash interface has been installed, and the 16GB USB's audio contents will be provided in FLAC 44.1 Khz 24 bit and MP3 320 Kbps formats, fully compatible with PC and Mac.

http://beatles.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=BEAWEB&sku=BEA48315

Could have said something a few months ago.

Since the music is available in 24-bit FLAC, would this not be a better, in terms of musical fidelity, purchase than the newly released CD's?

(Albeit, the USB contains stereo versions. A case could be made that the advantages of the mono recordings outweight the increased fidelity...)

Just went and had a look round the Uk site for a 'download' button - oh well! As you say, Chris, talk about baby steps!

I wonder if we'll be allowed to get the audio off the silly little plastic toy thingy and on to a hard drive? I was going to treat myself to the stereo set for christmas, but the whole thing ready to go in 24bit sounds rather tempting!