IGNORED

Does anybody know what happened to Halide Design?

• 4 months later...

Obviously their website is down, but the domain is still registered. The website was up until at least 10/21/15 according to the Way Back Machine. Here is the current contact info from the whois lookup:

Registrant Contact

Name: Jonathan Driscoll

Organization: Jonathan Driscoll

Mailing Address: 5701 Stresemann St, San Diego CA 92122 US

Phone: +1.6198295254

Jonathan called me back right away. He said that he and his business partner parted ways a while back. They were both physics and engineering majors in college getting their masters degrees during the Halide years. The business kind of dried up, and they both moved on to other things. I think he said his ex-partner is now designing medical devices, and Jonathan is doing some non-audio hardware/software engineering.

I told him I would post a status update here to help close the chapter for him.

--Alex C.

Jonathan called me back right away. He said that he and his business partner parted ways a while back. They were both physics and engineering majors in college getting their masters degrees during the Halide years. The business kind of dried up, and they both moved on to other things. I think he said his ex-partner is now designing medical devices, and Jonathan is doing some non-audio hardware/software engineering.

I told him I would post a status update here to help close the chapter for him.

--Alex C.

Well Sir, your efforts are appreciated in bringing this matter to a close. My Halide Design Bridge is a quality product and still functional. It is unfortunate the business dried up and went kaput. I hope their future endeavours work out well.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been my experience with a couple dacs. The AES and coaxial inputs are at least as good sounding as the USB. Must be USB implimentation of those dacs.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer.