IGNORED

Applewood Road—« single microphone... »

Heard the vinyl of it this week. Very good sound.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

An excellent recording, definitely highly recommended. You may know Amber Rubarth from her binaural recordings on the Chesky label. Emily Barker is probably best known to most people for her song "Nostalgia", a re-recorded snippet of which is used as the theme music for PBS' "Wallander."

• 2 months later...

Applewood participant Amber Rubarth's album Scribbled Folk Symphonies, a Chesky Binaural + recording, is also great both musically & sonically. Her cover of REM's Losing My Religion is the song of the month around here.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

• 1 month later...

Thanks very much for posting that. Great performance, but I admit that they miss the cello that's on the studio version.

Gonna get Amber Rubarth's other album which has great reviews.

If you aren't familiar, fans of this will appreciate Brandi Carlile, who has built a good body of work over the last decade.