IGNORED

Sonore microRendu Listening Impressions

In earlier posts I forgot to mention that in my experience the microRendu, as the REGEN before it, sounds best (more refined, more detailed, cleaner) when fed signals uninterruptedly. Of course, I turn my amp off when not listening, but leave "repeat playlist" on and the uR power supply on uninterruptedly.

This may not do good things to my battery PS, but it needs only last until the forthcoming Uptone Ultra capacitors PS is released (which I plan to energize either with the original REGEN PS or my "El Cheapo" LPS dialed down to 7.5V).

Actually if you are powering an LPS-1 from a linear supply you are better off using a higher voltage. As the feeder voltage goes up the current required goes down, so if you can run the linear supply at 12V.

John S.

Actually if you are powering an LPS-1 from a linear supply you are better off using a higher voltage. As the feeder voltage goes up the current required goes down, so if you can run the linear supply at 12V.

John S.

Thanks for the pointer, John. I shall set it to the maximum 9V then.

Regards,

Guido.

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

John, would the iFi power, or this be better to charge the LPS: DDU120100H4480: Jameco Reliapro: Power Supplies & Wall Adapters

That Jameco does not have enough current capability for the UltraCap LPS-1. At 12V, we need 1.5 amps, and that one is just a 1A unit.

Believe me, I've scoured the globe for an inexpensive, 12V/1.5A, regulated linear adapter (wall or tabletop) to include with the LPS-1. Even had one of the big Chinese firms doing a 1A try to quote me for a 1.5A, but they could not. Let me know if you find one. OEM price at 250 units has to be under $15. Also has to be available for both 115/120V and 220/230/240V.

--Alex C.

That Jameco does not have enough current capability for the UltraCap LPS-1. At 12V, we need 1.5 amps, and that one is just a 1A unit.

Believe me, I've scoured the globe for an inexpensive, 12V/1.5A, regulated linear adapter (wall or tabletop) to include with the LPS-1. Even had one of the big Chinese firms doing a 1A try to quote me for a 1.5A, but they could not. Let me know if you find one. OEM price at 250 units has to be under $15. Also has to be available for both 115/120V and 220/230/240V.

--Alex C.

Thanks for letting me know Alex. I won't look longer and will just wait and see what others are using successfully with the LPS- 1.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.