Hello guys,

I hope this will become the new thread for all things Yggy. I hope this thread will be glitch-free. Pun intended.

I hope we see the familiar faces, and some others, not so much.

Mike (Baldur) paid us a visit once in a while. I hope we will see you more often now that your neck has been upgraded.

I will start with a first question: any of you tried tweaking your Yggy?

Schiit mod

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

I wanted to replace the fuse at some point since I always have favorable SQ gains with other DACs and preamps. When I asked Schiit support about the fuse rating, I was given a reply that it doesn't have user serviceable parts inside. In head-fi, someone posted the fuse rating but I was too lousy to open up the Yggy cage which by itself is not an easy task. I guess I haven't read anywhere from other users how much these mods improve upon SQ but Rick believes it does.

I agree, it would be great if we could keep this thread glitch-free :-)

Thanks Dev, and welcome to this blank new space!

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

Not surprisingly, here is Schiit's position on modding: Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up - Page 705

I have not felt the need to open the case of my Yggy. However, I do feel like the addition of the Mutec MC-3 USB+ & AES connection into Yggy is an improvement over stock Yggy.

Digital System: Cybershaft 10MHz OCXO clock premium>Antelope Liveclock>RedNet D16>AES Cable>Mutec MC-3+ USB​>AES Cable>Schiit Yggy

I not in the favor of modding that way Rick does but I felt the fuse replacement should be made easily accessible and need not make a trip to the Schiit factory in case it blows (which is out of anybody's control).

On a different note, with uRendu connected in NAA mode and HQp up-sampling to 192K, the Yggy has never sounded this good.

I not in the favor of modding that way Rick does but I felt the fuse replacement should be made easily accessible and need not make a trip to the Schiit factory in case it blows (which is out of anybody's control).

On a different note, with uRendu connected in NAA mode and HQp up-sampling to 192K, the Yggy has never sounded this good.

I have tried the Yggy with HQ Player but actually prefer using Schiit's stock Mega-Burrito filter. I will say I prefer HQp when using my other DSD capable DAC (Eastern Electric Dac Supreme).

Hope the uRendu is an improvement. I've had one on order for a about ten days. Looks like I will be part of the June shipment

Digital System: Cybershaft 10MHz OCXO clock premium>Antelope Liveclock>RedNet D16>AES Cable>Mutec MC-3+ USB​>AES Cable>Schiit Yggy

I have not felt the need to open the case of my Yggy. However, I do feel like the addition of the Mutec MC-3 USB+ & AES connection into Yggy is an improvement over stock Yggy.

+1. The Mutec with AES was a nice improvement and my warranty is intact :-)

OP. Thanks for the fresh start!

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

double +1

that Mutec 3+USB AES into Yggy helps deliver a clear step forward in clarity, background, and instrument location.

looking forward to the Mutec firmware upgrade in June which will deliver another sonic improvement.

as well as any (potential) future hardware upgrades to Yggy in the 2017 and beyond.

It would to interesting to see if there is more SQ gain to have from Yggy with both uRendu and Mutec in the chain. I have introduced the Intona back in the chain today with the uRendu and it makes a very surprising the noticeable improvements which I wasn't excepting at all given the uRendu already has usb isolation in place. Don't know if this improvements is because the uRendu is feed from a cheap iFi power or not. This tells me that the Mutec would make a +ive impact as well, possibly much more than when feed by a general pc.

audio.bill- This has nothing to with your thread per se as my CFO wouldn't allow me either pieces as i already have a Gungnir (pre-multibit) and for her that is "ENOUGH STUFF"

what i want to say if you are from Mass. i want to thank you for setting me up with Qobuz a few years ago-and now with TIDAL and Qobuz with Audivrana Plus 2.5 my world is perfect- both of them at my fingertips plus my iTunes library I find I have almost no need for ROON (which I love) thanks again if you are the same fellow bobbmd

What's after the Yggy?

Curious to find out if some of you are planning to replace your Yggy in the near future - and with what?

What's after the Yggy?

Curious to find out if some of you are planning to replace your Yggy in the near future - and with what?

Not thinking of replacing as much as supplementing. Interested in a 2nd DAC that does at least 256 DSD and MQA to replace my current DSD DAC (Eastern Electric DAC Supreme) I'm not entirely sold on MQA as a technology but given my current listening habits ( lots of Tidal/Roon) it looks like it might be a necessary feature going forward . I thought initially about a Mytek Brooklyn but will probably wait a few months and see what DAC's show up with the latest Sabre and AKM chips (I also don't need a built in headphone amp and phono stage). I'm guessing we will see several new and interesting DAC's around September time frame. So my plan is to get the uRendu (on order) and Ultracap LPS (when available) and go DAC hunting in the Fall.

I also tend to like to shake things up a bit so having two DAC's of different topologies appeals to me. Since the Yggy is board upgradable I see myself sticking with it for a long, long time.

Nah me either... DSD never gained critical mass, hi-res has been underwhelming, and high-res compressed MQA processed low DR dynamically limited material doesn't do much for me. It's more about not having idiots on ProFools than anything else at this point.

A Digital Audio Converter connected to my Home Computer taking me into the Future

I'm not a fan of DSD, Hi Res (Stupid prices) or any idea of MQA and especially Tidal. I will never pay Tidal 2X what they ask for their service. Mainly because of who owns it. MQA of course is about money and too much control it seems.

Yup, I have a schiit attitude.

It's the control that worries me .

...looking forward to the Mutec firmware upgrade in June which will deliver another sonic improvement.

as well as any (potential) future hardware upgrades to Yggy in the 2017 and beyond.

I vote for Iggy AES67 ethernet input or at least an external box for ethernet AES67 to AES/SPDIF.

Hope I said that right :-)

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

I'm not a fan of DSD, Hi Res (Stupid prices) or any idea of MQA and especially Tidal. I will never pay Tidal 2X what they ask for their service. Mainly because of who owns it. MQA of course is about money and too much control it seems.

Yup, I have a schiit attitude.

Let me get this straight. You won't use Tidal because you have issues with the entrepreneur who owns the company? What are the issues?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Entrepreneur?

Well who owns it! The whole bunch of them.

Do they need more bling?

Any thing to with Kanye West..... enough said.

Yes, entrepreneur. Tidal was purchased by Project Panther / Roc Nation. Sean Carter is the man and money behind the companies. I'm not sure what your definition of entrepreneur is if you don't think he's an entrepreneur.

The Tidal ownership group has many artists who own a tiny slice of the service.

What do you mean by saying, "Do they need more bling?"

Do you use Windows, OS X, iOS, or Android? Do you think the owners / entrepreneurs behind these companies need more bling?

Is it really up to others how much bling you need?

I think Kanye is a foolish child, but I won't punish myself by not allowing myself to use Tidal. $20 per month for all I can listen to is amazing.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png