IGNORED

Is it possible to batch convert multiple flac folders?

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here can help me sort this out. My issue is that my current streaming device for music files from my NAS is my Cambridge Audio 752BD blu-ray player. I really enjoy the sound (it uses twin Wolfson 8740 DAC's) but it does NOT play gapless flac files streamed from my NAS, it will only do that via an attached USB HDD (which kind of defeats the purpose of the NAS).

I have almost a terabyte of files on my NAS and it drives me crazy to hear the 2 second gap inserted on recorded concerts or other files where the music flows from one song to another seamlessly. I have used Foobar 2000 to concert multiple files within one folder (e.g. a live concert) to a single flac file but the thought of going through the hundreds of folders to do each one individually is daunting. I could add in a separate networked player, such as the Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 V2 that WILL play the files in gapless mode but that takes me further from my efforts at downsizing my setup (which is why I got rid of my DAC, audio PC, USB-SPDIF converters, etc.).

Is there a any software that might batch convert these folders to contain single flac files or will I have to do each one separately? All advice much appreciated......

dbpoweramp has a batch conversion feature.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

You can use built-in conversion feature of Foobar2000 or JRiver.

In Foobar2000 simply browse your music library by folder structure, then right click on folder you wish to convert. Or you can create a playlist from multiple folders and then you can apply conversion to whole temporary playlist.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
You can use built-in conversion feature of Foobar2000 or JRiver.

In Foobar2000 simply browse your music library by folder structure, then right click on folder you wish to convert. Or you can create a playlist from multiple folders and then you can apply conversion to whole temporary playlist.

thanks, I tried converting by folder with no problems but experimenting with 3 folders in a batch conversion created numerous problems...it appears that like I have to do each folder individually in Foobar.....