IGNORED

Audirvana+ 2.5 with iTunes Shared Library

My main iTunes music library is stored on my Mac Pro. I have Home Sharing enabled in iTunes on my Mac Pro, so that I can access all of my music in iTunes on my Mac Mini which is connected to my hifi in my living room, and the Apple TV in the kitchen. Audirvana+ is installed on my Mac Mini. I have never been able to get A+ to play music in iTunes integrated mode that is on the iTunes Shared Library. It plays iTunes files stored locally ok, but when I try to play music from the Shared Library the A+ player displays "error: unable to load first track". Is there a solution to this, or does A+ simply not work with an iTunes Library that is being shared from another computer?

Loudspeaker systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> Yamaha A-S3000 / HoloAudio Bliss -> Celestion Ditton 66 / Genelec 8030C & BK XXLS400

Headphone systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> HoloAudio Bliss / Sparkos Labs Aries -> Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 / Focal Utopia / Sennheiser HD600

iTunes only serves to another instance of iTunes (or other Apple devices). It isn't Audirvana's fault.

A workaround is to share the disk that contains the library, and mount that on the local computer, and have Audirvana play from it.

iTunes only serves to another instance of iTunes (or other Apple devices). It isn't Audirvana's fault.

A workaround is to share the disk that contains the library, and mount that on the local computer, and have Audirvana play from it.

Would that pose a risk of corruption if the library is being accessed and/or modified by two systems simultaneously?

Loudspeaker systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> Yamaha A-S3000 / HoloAudio Bliss -> Celestion Ditton 66 / Genelec 8030C & BK XXLS400

Headphone systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> HoloAudio Bliss / Sparkos Labs Aries -> Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 / Focal Utopia / Sennheiser HD600