IGNORED

Recommended Audirvana+ 2.5 SRC settings for Schiit Bifrost 4490 DAC and Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC

I realise this is a very specific question that not many people will be able to answer....

However for those who use A+ and a have Schiit Bifrost 4490 delta-sigma DAC and/or Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC, what SRC settings would you recommend using in A+?

I'm assuming that for the Multibit, it is best to switch off all SRC in A+ and let the megacomboburrito filter in the DAC do everything, but what about for the 4490 model?

And do the answers to the above questions change if I introduce DSP (i.e. Dirac Live) into the equation?

Loudspeaker systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> Yamaha A-S3000 / HoloAudio Bliss -> Celestion Ditton 66 / Genelec 8030C & BK XXLS400

Headphone systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> HoloAudio Bliss / Sparkos Labs Aries -> Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 / Focal Utopia / Sennheiser HD600

I realise this is a very specific question that not many people will be able to answer....

However for those who use A+ and a have Schiit Bifrost 4490 delta-sigma DAC and/or Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC, what SRC settings would you recommend using in A+?

I'm assuming that for the Multibit, it is best to switch off all SRC in A+ and let the megacomboburrito filter in the DAC do everything, but what about for the 4490 model?

And do the answers to the above questions change if I introduce DSP (i.e. Dirac Live) into the equation?

I don't have any experience with DSP, but I have the Bifrost Multibit and I find the following settings to be "like butter":

Steepness: 3 dB

Filter Max Length: 800,000 samples

Cutoff Freq: 1.03

Anti-Aliasing: 200.0

Pre-ringing: 0.38

Oversampling 2x only

That's after trying many, many combos, including many recommended around here as starting points. I'd say the single most important one I've found with the Bifrost that *seems* DAC dependent is the Pre-Ringing. Anything over 0.5 sounds harsh to me.

Hope this helps,

Dave

I don't have any experience with DSP, but I have the Bifrost Multibit and I find the following settings to be "like butter":

Steepness: 3 dB

Filter Max Length: 800,000 samples

Cutoff Freq: 1.03

Anti-Aliasing: 200.0

Pre-ringing: 0.38

Oversampling 2x only

That's after trying many, many combos, including many recommended around here as starting points. I'd say the single most important one I've found with the Bifrost that *seems* DAC dependent is the Pre-Ringing. Anything over 0.5 sounds harsh to me.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Thanks. I think I have a lot more reading to do on the SRC settings!

Loudspeaker systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> Yamaha A-S3000 / HoloAudio Bliss -> Celestion Ditton 66 / Genelec 8030C & BK XXLS400

Headphone systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> HoloAudio Bliss / Sparkos Labs Aries -> Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 / Focal Utopia / Sennheiser HD600