IGNORED

Changing to Headphones

Thanks for the info on the Audeze as well as on head/amps. I would love to try the Senheisers, but I don't believe my dealer carries them and I'm committed to working through the dealer (who is an absolute gem) in case of any problems. I have read the Audeze has excellent customer service, but my dealer is a know quantity. Will try the LCD-2 and 3 along with the X, and will check manufacture date. I used to have a pair of Magnepans which I dearly loved, so the idea of planar headphones is fascinating.

The head amp/dac might be something I would look elsewhere for. I had never thought of this as being a major factor probably because my headphone listening occured at a time when you simply plugged into the back of your receiver. Don't ask how many years ago please ;-). I love the Ayre sound and the codex is in price range, I will have to research the cable issue.

What are your opinions on a headamp/dac that would be a good match with Audeze? Simpler the better. I don't want to mess with drivers for the dac at all. I want a really simple set up.

Thanks again for the suggestions etc.

I would enthusiastically sign on to Priaptor's Mojo/Liquid Carbon recommendation, but ... I head a prototype of a forthcoming one-box solution from Schiit a few months ago, and it's so going to the worth the wait.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

Is the Schiitt going to be a "one box" portable or large box?

There are so many good combos and really hard to make a bad choice. I am so impressed with the T&A upsampled to 512, balanced into the Liquid Carbon balanced to either the HD800s or LCD-X. My feelings about the SQ is hard to put into words. However, I personally, have never heard a headphone system sound as engaging as this combo; first to admit I haven't heard as much as most headphone people and just referencing to my reference system. I can't imagine any headphone not sound amazing with this system. I haven't even tried the T&A headphone jack yet, LOL

I took the liberty to order the Cavalli Liquid Gold discount offered because I purchased the Liquid Carbon. Now I can't wait.

I look forward to seeing what the one box solution is from Schitt. So many great choices in the headphone world.

Casework wasn't final when I got to hear it. My guess is that it will be slightly wider but slightly less tall than a Bifrost.

It will not be portable.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant