IGNORED

Changing to Headphones

I am in the process of changing my entire system. For a number of reasons, I am trying to simplify my system down to a computer, a headamp/dac, and a nice set of headphones. I will be able to audition the full line of Audeze headphone and have two possible head amps: Moon and Naim. If anyone has any experience/recommendations for specific Audeze headphones or the head amps I'd would love to hear it. I'll be trading in my Wilson's on the new equipment so my budget should be 3-4K.

I purchased a new Sennheiser HD280 Pro Headset a few years ago. It has < 100 hours on it because it's been in storage since then, but I pulled it from storage recently.

Now that I have decent kit to drive it with, it's better than I thought, There's much better kit available now, however.

I'm currently considering the reasonably priced Sennheiser HD 380 Pro or the HD 650 because either of these allow for the continuance of uninterupted expansion of my music collection.

+1 for 800S (I have auditioned the 800) and the LCD-3F & X (prefer the 3s by a little margin)

For me to have the best headphone system one should have both 800(S) and 3F(X)!

About headamps the best combination with the 3Fs I have auditioned in realworld prize(beacouse I have auditioned them with the VIVA behemoth too) is the m2tech Marley with its power suply (the system was completed with the Young DSD also)... This system YoungDSD/Marley/VanDerGraafPS/LCD-3F is a dream head-fi system for me. For sure the LCD-3F can be driven heavenly by more expensive combos but from what I heared the above system is making serious music and it does not demand an arm and a leg... I wish I could afford it... the PS is essential though for both DAC and AMP!!!

I also have heared the Sennheiser DAC/Amps witch are great too! Especially for Senn cans I supose

I wish I could afford the 800S, but the 650 seems the better product.

BTW, are you referring to the Sennheiser kit that's currently bundled with the 650?:

Sennheiser HD 650 Apogee Groove - Audiophile Kopfhörer HiFi-Stereo