IGNORED

Changing to Headphones

+1 for 800S (I have auditioned the 800) and the LCD-3F & X (prefer the 3s by a little margin)

For me to have the best headphone system one should have both 800(S) and 3F(X)!

About headamps the best combination with the 3Fs I have auditioned in realworld prize(beacouse I have auditioned them with the VIVA behemoth too) is the m2tech Marley with its power suply (the system was completed with the Young DSD also)... This system YoungDSD/Marley/VanDerGraafPS/LCD-3F is a dream head-fi system for me. For sure the LCD-3F can be driven heavenly by more expensive combos but from what I heared the above system is making serious music and it does not demand an arm and a leg... I wish I could afford it... the PS is essential though for both DAC and AMP!!!

I also have heared the Sennheiser DAC/Amps witch are great too! Especially for Senn cans I supose

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

I move along the similar path, with only difference that I am looking for even simpler/budget solution. I am very much interested which headphones will work well with ifi micro iDSD? I am looking for rather light (both weight and cost) solution, and I am listening mostly to classical and jazz. Thank you.

I think that you should consider HD600(650)!!! Have in mind that they can sound much better if you upgrade your source/amp in the future...

The micro can drive even the 800(S) but they cost much more...

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

I wish I could afford the 800S, but the 650 seems the better product.

BTW, are you referring to the Sennheiser kit that's currently bundled with the 650?:

Sennheiser HD 650 Apogee Groove - Audiophile Kopfhörer HiFi-Stereo

No I am referring to the DAC/amps that Sennheizer is making!

They are quite expensive though!

I like the 650 very much but even more the 600!

I haven't heard late 650s though! They are supposed to have some "silent" differences from the older ones!

Agree. I'm using the HDVA600 with my HD800 and the synergy is beautiful (as is the amp per se).

+1

Beautiful piece of gear!