IGNORED

Article: High End Munich 2016 In Words

If Munich is the best show you've attended so far, I am curious about how you'd find the shows in Hong Kong, Singapore and China or Japan.

Hi YashN - I talked to several people who have been to shows in those locations and they say Munich is the best. That said, I'd love to attend one of the Asian shows if it's really good. I went to the Korean show several years ago, but it was pretty small.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris, I enjoyed your Munich report as I always do. The Brinkmann Nyquist sounds somewhat analogous, though not entirely, in its modular approach to Vinnie Rossi's LIO system. Likewise, the Sound Galleries Music Server doing a large measure of the filtering outside the DAC sounds like a DSD equivalent to what Peter St has been doing entirely on the PCM side with his XX High End software for years.

Esau

Very similar. They are using Miska's HQPlayer.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

It's quite well explained IMO. What is surprising to me is that in your write-up you seem to be asking this question and learning the answer just now, when we've been saying that same thing for years on your forum itself :P

Enjoy Europe.

I've been following it since 2008, but for some reason I always blew it off :~)