IGNORED

Article: High End Munich 2016 In Words

Hi Chris,

Really enjoyed your overview of the show... it sounds like the holy grail for audiophiles.

I wouldn't beat yourself up about your resistance to DSD. I did the same thing when smartphones first came out. I was really comfortable with my little Nokia and couldn't get my head around having to learn all the ins and outs of an iPhone, which at the time I thought would never take off. Computer companies don't make phones?!.

Just wasn't ready for it and I think its the human condition .... we all resist change when we are happy with what we've got as it requires time and effort to step outside our comfort zones, and time is a very precious commodity for people like you that have young families and a growing business.

A quick story about going outside your comfort zone .... I had just sold my business was I was invited to sail from Sydney to Greece. It was my first time at sea and it took 4 months via Bali, Singapore, Maldives, Gulf of Aden (pirates!) and up the Suez Canal and into the Med. This was 2009 and before I left I purchased an iPhone (2 years after it was released) knowing I would have many days to learn ow to use it. Before we left Sydney I printed off all the information I could find and spent hours learning how to use it. After I had finally mastered it, and had installed all my contacts etc, we had a storm and I left the hatch open above my cabin - as Bryan Ferry would say "... you can guess the rest".

Anyway I got my skipper's license and every year I go sailing in different parts of the Med. On Monday I'm heading off with 5 mates to sail around Ibiza and Majorca for 2 weeks. It sounds expensive but it is not when you divide the boat hire of 8,000E by 5. Next year I will ensure to align my trip with the show ... sorry for being off topic but getting excited now.

All the best,

Ajax

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers