IGNORED

Article: High End Munich 2016 In Words

If Munich is the best show you've attended so far, I am curious about how you'd find the shows in Hong Kong, Singapore and China or Japan.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Hi YashN - I talked to several people who have been to shows in those locations and they say Munich is the best. That said, I'd love to attend one of the Asian shows if it's really good. I went to the Korean show several years ago, but it was pretty small.

I unfortunately haven't been to either, but I have seen people who have been to both saying Asia is far ahead.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

It's quite well explained IMO. What is surprising to me is that in your write-up you seem to be asking this question and learning the answer just now, when we've been saying that same thing for years on your forum itself :P

Enjoy Europe.

I kept thinking to myself, how can we get something from nothing (Redbook CD at 44.1 -> Octuple-rate DSD at 22.5792 MHz). Fortunately I spent some time with another well respected engineer in the industry on Saturday and asked him about the whole concept and what I heard the previous night. He said it's a very valid concept, but should be looked at a bit differently than simply resampling to DSD. The DSD really isn't what makes the difference. He said it's more filtering outside the DAC and the fact that one can bypass much of the chip in the DAC that makes the difference. I'm sure I butchered his explanation, but I did my best. It's one of those things that I understand better than I can explain

I've been following it since 2008, but for some reason I always blew it off :~)

Glad you are joining us!

Will some reviews in your home system be forthcoming soon?

• 1 month later...
Hi YashN - I talked to several people who have been to shows in those locations and they say Munich is the best. That said, I'd love to attend one of the Asian shows if it's really good. I went to the Korean show several years ago, but it was pretty small.

Check this out from WBF:

This was the top room - with Cessaro Carmen Speakers, Wadax Statement Phono trio and Atlantis Statement DAC, Vertere RG-1/Arm and Ultimate platform + Etsuro cartridge, Engstrom Monica Ref Pre + Super Ref ERIC power amp, Tripoint Emperor AC plus Ground, and Skogrand Beethoven Cables.

Amazing sound and knowing that this was set up in two days shames Munich's performance completely.

If Munich is High-End, the Audio Exotics Show is on another level completely, and perhaps why it's called 'Super High-End'.