IGNORED

Need help with bookshelf speakers connected to computer.

Hello everyone

I'm fairly new to all of this so I could use some help.

I want to hook up some bookshelf speakers to my computer.

So far I know that I would need an amplifier.

I don't have the greatest budget for this but i'm thinking of buying.

This, Amazon.com: Onkyo TX-8020 Stereo Receiver: Electronics

and use these speakers, http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R-15M-Bookshelf-Monitor-Speakers/dp/B00LMF41IY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1463069169&sr=1-1&keywords=klipsh+r-15m

So i'm thinking of connecting the amplifier with a optical digital audio cable from my computer and then connect the speakers to my amplifier.

I don't have a soundcard on my computer but I do have an optical out on my motherboard.

All I want is that I can listen to music and watch a movie on my computer with decent sound.

Would this work I really have no idea but I would like some good audio instead of using headphones also in the near future I would like to add a subwoofer.

If you need some more information just ask and i'll reply as soon as possible.

Is this all possible? I hope someone can help me out here.

Kind regards

Michaël.

How about a pair of Vanatoo Transparent One speakers? They take optical and coax in and the speakers get great reviews. Also, you wouldn't need a receiver.

mQa is dead!

I don't see an optical input on the TX-8020. Are you sure you've posted a link to the correct receiver?

Good catch. I looked on the Onkyo website and they do not list a digital (coax or optical) input for the TX-8020 receiver.

OP: If you really want a receiver, try the Denon D-M40. It comes with speakers and has 2 optical inputs (no coax) and a usb port on the front for an iPad/iPhone/iPod. For the features (and speakers), you can't do better at this price. However, the Vanatoo Transparent One speakers will sound better but you won't get the features that you get with the Denon. I had the Denon D-M38 and it sounded decent (that model had no optical inputs).

mQa is dead!