IGNORED

A+2.5 vs ROON vs ROON + HQPLAER

Bob—

Since Chris is probably overseas or on a plane, why don't you just repost the msg from the Networking section here?

—David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

You can also try cut and paste.

[h=2]audirvana plus 2.5 vs roon/roon + hqplayer[/h]

I just purchased A+2.5

I do not have any dsd recordings or dsd DAC-(gungnir pre-multibit)

The SQ for A+ is excellent but i have no idea what is the 'optimal' settings for A+ie Audio 'filters','volume'&'units' can anyone help/suggest? especially sample rate conversion advanced parameters and what do i choose under forced upsampling and what do i choose or not choose under signal polarity

I think the ability to have both TIDAL and Qobuz at my finger tips is great(in A+) but i have to turn the volume way up on my avr even with the 'dither' volume control way up on A+ why is this?i don't have to do this on ROON

what is/are the best choices under audio volume control/dithering etc

I tried using audio controls effects and everything 'dulled' and i had to play with all those different graphs so I didn't use them-who has the time and patience to do that? are there optimal 'general' settings if I do use them? to me it is much too tedious

I have also found that 'separation' in A+ is less than good than on ROON there seem to more sound from my left speaker than right( i have them toed in and bottoms elevated and if I sit in center the sound comes from all around and from behind me with ROON not so with A+

I have also tried the trial for HQPlayer but am totally confused by all the different setting is it worth the $ if i cannot do dsd or will it improve SQ separation etc if i just listen to HiRes downloads plus TIDAL and Qobuz-it sounded much better than ROON alone when streaming TIDAL or my 29000 iTunes library

I just want the best SQ/separation/clarity as easily as possible and just do not have the time to 'play' with all these different choices on A+ and HQplayer

All three are much better and less 'buggy' than Amarra sQ+/PureMusic

Please do not accuse me of being 'lazy'/not being adventurous I just don't have the time- am a full time country 'doc' and full time state prison 'doc' caring for the oldest sickest inmates in a hospital/nursing home setting and have 2 school districts and a federal police force i care for and I just want the best SQ least fatiguing music when I have to spend my entire weekends putting office visits in my electronic medical records! Or having a NUB cigar and 16 yo lagaveulin(neat with a splash)

I love all the above products just need the 'best/'optimal settings for them

system is 2013 mac mini i7 16gb RAM USB out to 2013 Schiit Gungnir and Schiit magni with Sennheiser 595's and old Yamaha rx-v2500 in a 7.1 speaker set up(Kloss's CambrdigeSoundWorks speakers towers, satellites(multi directional) and model 6's and enjoy using/trying neo2 and pl2 music settings and roxy theater/bottom line settings but mostly listen in 2 channel and 7.1

hope to hear from somebody thanks in advance

bobbmd