IGNORED

Legato USB-SPDIF Asynchronous Converter

Not sure where to put this but I am in the process to acquiring one of these. Claims that it is asychronous with good clock & outputs SPDIF. I intend to pair it up with my modded AN 1.1 & put it up against the Ayre which is breaking in now. In addition, I'm using an Empirical Audio Offramp III which costs a fair bit more & is adaptive. Kind of curious how the 2 would match up.

Regards,

Joe Ling

Malaysia

Digital Source : DCS Vivaldi 4 stack + Antelope 10M Reference clock. (APEX in progress)

Analog Source : AVID ACUTUS SP + FR64S + Koetsu Blue Azule + ARC Ref 10 phono

Analog Source : TECHDAS AF3 + FR66S + Koetsu Blue Lace, Groove Master III + Phasemation PP2000, Glanz 10" + DS Audio Grandmaster

Phono : ARC ref 10 + DS Audio Master 1

Amp : Naim Statement

Speakers : Focal Stella Utopia

Just got a mail from them saying they are holding off sending a unit overseas for a week to make sure no bugs. Looks like it will be at least 2 weeks before I can get one. Will be waiting.

Regards,

Joe Ling

Digital Source : DCS Vivaldi 4 stack + Antelope 10M Reference clock. (APEX in progress)

Analog Source : AVID ACUTUS SP + FR64S + Koetsu Blue Azule + ARC Ref 10 phono

Analog Source : TECHDAS AF3 + FR66S + Koetsu Blue Lace, Groove Master III + Phasemation PP2000, Glanz 10" + DS Audio Grandmaster

Phono : ARC ref 10 + DS Audio Master 1

Amp : Naim Statement

Speakers : Focal Stella Utopia

Kamil-

I used the Legato with a Macbook with 4G Ram and an SSD.

It was the first time I've heard any PC playback that sounded as good as my transport(Theta Jade).

IMO, it made a much bigger improve to iTunes playback than Amarra.

I made the mistake of sending the prototype to my friend in NJ, he refuses to send it back until he gets

his production unit.

If you can live with 16/44.1 playback, the Legato is a great bargin.

Aloha,

Dan