IGNORED

SA-10 DAC / Disc Player, new 'Premium-Series' from Marantz

Their NA-11S1 has 8 fuses :

1013mar.ins.jpg

« The beefy power supply features a high current toroidal power transformer with multiple oxygen free copper (OFC) secondary windings [e.g. supplying various analog and digital circuits separately]' date=' and is housed in a copper-plated enclosure for maximum shielding.[/b'] »

Seemingly, 6 again for SA-11S3 :

c26-marantz-sa-11s3-4-l-a.jpg

Greetings to all on this forum.

I was looking at the pics. on the SA11s3 and cannot help wondering why is the Optical Drive Mechanism SACDM2 in white metallic finish which is shown in most write-ups while many Marantz official websites under PRODUCT on SA11s3 show the Optical Drive Mechanism as black without the identification SACDM2.

eg :Marantz France, UK, Germany, and in many other Marantz websites in other countries.

Websites such as USA , Australia and some review websites show the Optical Drive Mechanism identified with the number SACDM2and in metallic white. And even the Drive Mechanisn thoush in metallic white are in different design.

Anyone any idea? I don't think it has to do with power rating of different countries .

Thank you.

I see Marantz primarily as my friend's workplace. So, Ken Ishiwata as their senior engineer—I support his perspective more so than that of importers.

Since Michael Wildash, in 2009, ceded his New Zealand distribution rights to another, I pay the market rate for any Marantz products I buy.

Who's side am I on ? Predominately yours, for I too am just a consumer wanting to make an informed purchasing decision.

Concerning SA-11S3, its initial design obviously began well before S1 version's 2004 finalised release, see :

Yet' date=' because of listening-tests whilst finalising 2004's [b']SA-11S1[/b], Marantz engineers decided the sound they wanted can be achieved without the copper casings around their HDAM technology. So it looked like this :

dentro.jpg

So, copper, it can potentially make-a-difference ; what's paramount is knowing the-sound-you-want

Simply, SA-11S3 reached the limits of what can be modified without compromising the sound performance in its core duty, disc playback. Note that its DAC function wasn't present in S2 iteration of 2008 :

FDT_8820-800x297.jpg

And here's what MF gleaned from conversing with Ken, in early 2013 :

« The new [NA-11S1] Network Player is Marantz’s latest and most ambitious response to the trend, though it is also rolling out the new SA-11S3 SACD player, one reason being that disc sales in Japan have not fallen as they have in other markets and SACD player demand still exists, though at some point streaming DSD will put a crimp on that market as well. »

Well, if you're interested in DSD and what the best Marantz has to offer, SA-10 is the one Ken's carefully finalising.

And the finalised SA-11S3 hasn't that metal shielding atop its SACDM-2 mech, see here

Okay, if the price is right, and your needs are mainly discs, then sure, importers may be discounting their stocks of SA-11S3 before...

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

as Peter Gabriel finished singing Rhythm of the Heat.

Ha! Good choice!

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels