IGNORED

Help with Yamaha YST-SW012 On a Computer

Hello, I've recently gotten a new audio setup for my computer with a pair of Fostex PM0.4's and then a Yamaha YST-SW012 for the sub. I got the RCA to 3.5mm adapter and plugged it into my C/Sub port on the motherboard but I'm just not getting anything from it.

When I test it in Windows or Realtek HD Audio Manager, it makes rumbles so it is working, it's on, but it's not working in any other instances. Music, Games, Youtube, any other audio from the computer is not receiving bass from the sub.

So I'd really like to figure out how to properly configure this. I saw some other people mention that you just need to go to the Realtek HD Audio Manager and set it to a 2.1 configuration but I simply do not have that option when I look there. I tried customizing a 5.1 system so it's just front two speakers and a sub, and again it works when testing but not in any other instance.

I feel like I'm just overlooking something stupid but this is my first time using a non 'all in one' speaker system. Last set I owned was Corsairs SP2500 setup which was all built in and made for computer use. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, another thing I wanted to ask about was...and this may sound pretty ridiculous, but I shifted the sub to the left and it suddenly started making a weird repetitive puh sound which only goes away if turned off or turned down to a certain level. Unplugging the line in cable just makes it quieter. I can't imagine what I did, as all I did was shift its position slightly. I know I'm not really giving a lot of information on this but it's just a really strange thing and hard to truly describe.

I'm more concerned with just getting this thing working so I know how to do it in the future.

Look at the 3.5mm to rca adapter you bought and check to see how many black rings are on the 3.5mm end? If only 1 ring, try one with 2 rings (should be labeled either TRS or Stereo). That should fix it, but I can't be 100% sure since I don't have access to your system. Maybe 80 to 90%.