IGNORED

Sonore uRendu "Fact or Fiction"

Its no doubt or a surprise that the uRendu beats the Mac Mini, Aries or the Aurender N100 but its supposed to compete to high end models at $8k and above, like the Aurender N10 and the likes. At least that was the impression I have gotten from the uRendu thread.

Actually, you do not know that the microRendu "beats the Mac Mini, Aries or the Aurender N100," since all you have is an inadequately supported opinion that it does.

You know, the Hype Machine ™ is created not only by the manufacturers and sellers of audio toys, but also by the Internet denizens who repeat what they've read.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

Sorry,

But I had no intention of providing a review that is subject to yours or anyone's scrutiny. I hope that you enjoy your music, on your system, in your unique room, with your unique perspective. To suggest that any one component or system is "right" or the "best" for everyone is fool's errand IMO.

There is a lot of hyperbole everywhere, it's up to each individual to build for themselves & to make judgments about what is right for them. I can make a judgment in 2 seconds about McIntosh amps. Yet, - there's a lot of dramatic good and bad said about them.

Sorry, - I don't care what gear you, or anyone else owns. I only base my research & likes based on what works for me, and friends I trust. For all I know, - you could own identical or opposite gear than me.

Actually, you do not know that the microRendu "beats the Mac Mini, Aries or the Aurender N100," since all you have is an inadequately supported opinion that it does.

You know, the Hype Machine ™ is created not only by the manufacturers and sellers of audio toys, but also by the Internet denizens who repeat what they've read.

Actually, - unless, and/or until one asks someone about 50 or more questions and has heard most if not all of components that comprise a person's system, you can't know for sure is someone ACTUALLY is "repeating what they read." AND, it's disrespectful to fly a speculative accusation without evidence.

Aries & Aurender don't sound anywhere near the microRendu.

That was the strong statement, put in absolute terms, that I originally responded to.

There is a lot of hyperbole everywhere, it's up to each individual to build for themselves & to make judgments about what is right for them....I only base my research & likes based on what works for me, and friends I trust.

And that, Albrecht, is an excellent walk-back of your original strong statement, excellent because it gets to the core of things, that we each need to make judgments based on our own research and desires.

Thanks!

Dave, who also gets itchy when people make judgments about effectiveness of a thing when they have not experienced the thing such as those people who ask how the heck he can wear wool when cycling and yet they've never worn wool when cycling which is not the same as saying the wool garment he's wearing is ugly which is a subjective truth and if you don't see the parallel in this entire statement to audio commentary well then ask and he'll explain privately to you

Actually, - unless, and/or until one asks someone about 50 or more questions and has heard most if not all of components that comprise a person's system, you can't know for sure is someone ACTUALLY is "repeating what they read." AND, it's disrespectful to fly a speculative accusation without evidence.

Actually, at this stage of the microRendu's history -- that is, not being in too many people's systems -- most commentary about it does contain some degree of repeating what was read.

I can go back and quote, but I'm sure anyone who's interested can read it themselves.

Dave, who isn't saying you're repeating but that is an Internet tendency or haven't you noticed

Its no doubt or a surprise that the uRendu beats the Mac Mini, Aries or the Aurender N100 but its supposed to compete to high end models at $8k and above, like the Aurender N10 and the likes. At least that was the impression I have gotten from the uRendu thread.

No offense, this sounds like playground talk. BTW mine goes faster.

( beats? Is that on points or was it a knock out?)

That was the strong statement, put in absolute terms, that I originally responded to.

And that, Albrecht, is an excellent walk-back of your original strong statement, excellent because it gets to the core of things, that we each need to make judgments based on our own research and desires.

Thanks!

Dave, who also gets itchy when people make judgments about effectiveness of a thing when they have not experienced the thing such as those people who ask how the heck he can wear wool when cycling and yet they've never worn wool when cycling which is not the same as saying the wool garment he's wearing is ugly which is a subjective truth and if you don't see the parallel in this entire statement to audio commentary well then ask and he'll explain privately to you

Thanks

I wouldn't call it a walk-back but an explanation from someone who has heard a lot of gear, and has comparative opinions. McIntosh is warm when you compare it to Krell. Some people may not call it warm, - (maybe they listen to Gamut). It's my take. Pretty hard to say that Aurender is not warmer than Aries. Some people are going to prefer one or the other. MY opinion, or take, of whats' right for me, is only relevant to me.

Just curious, when you make a strong statement like that, how much -- how long? how often? -- have you listened to Auralic and Aurender music players in the same system as with the microRendu?

And is that your own system, the one you know well?

Dave, who gets itchy when he hears hype

Speaking of hype, is anyone else bothered by the timing of the partial "review" that is clearly posted to drive sales and the GAS?

The comments in the review may hold up to editorial integrity but the review clearly isn't complete and should have been held until it is more finished. The posting of it to be timed with the product roll out makes me feel like there is too much coordination occurring between the staff and the manufacturers/advertisers, and in my opinion, calls into question the motivation of the information source. Hype, in other words, or possibly shilling.

I've noticed this trend towards coordination in the past, and it appears to be becoming more prevalent unfortunately.

---Michael

Server ---> Rpi ---> Audiophilleo2 ---> Metrum Octave ---> Audio Horizons Pre ---> Pass Labs XA30.5 ---> Sonus Faber Liuto Towers

Computer ---> Audio Hardware ---> Air ---> Ears ---> Brain

No offense, this sounds like playground talk. BTW mine goes faster.

( beats? Is that on points or was it a knock out?)

Not sure if I understand, but I am only saying what I have been reading so far on other threads :-) I would be surprised if the microRendu is completing with only mac mini or aries or N100. If that’s the case, I would have to unfortunately return the microRendu and I hope not. I have a well tricked out dual pc (with ppa parts and lps) running WS 2012R2/Jplay/AO/Fidilizer/PL with Intona/RUR in the chain and it sounds excellent in my setup and the SQ is far above mac or aries. Will know in a couple of days where the microrendu stands.

Here is what barrows replied in the comments section (Pg 3) on the Chris Part-I review of microRendu

Look at this way: the µRendu is a $650 dollar device that offers excellent performance with a decent power supply. If one wants the absolute best performance it is capable of, then the best possible power supply is in order. Note that the µRendu, with a really excellent power supply (such as the Sonore Signature Supply designed specifically for it) still retails at around $2K total, and will beat out most (if not all) custom music servers, including ones at much higher price points (I am talking about $10K devices here). With the µRendu you can scale performance to your budget, it will perform quite well with more affordable supplies, but when you are ready to step up to top level performance, you can then add a top level supply to achieve that.

...you can't know for sure is someone ACTUALLY is "repeating what they read."

Actually, at this stage of the microRendu's history -- that is, not being in too many people's systems -- most commentary about it does contain some degree of repeating what was read.

Not sure if I understand, but I am only saying what I have been reading so far on other threads...

^^^ Instead of wasting time and anti-publicizing, buy one and hear for yourself in your own setup and in your own room. If you feel its a hyped product, return it. That's what I would also do when I get mine and compare :-)

^^^ Instead of wasting time and anti-publicizing, buy one and hear for yourself in your own setup and in your own room. If you feel its a hyped product, return it. That's what I would also do when I get mine and compare :-)

If you've read this thread, instead of just repeating things from other threads, you'd see that I have one on order.

I don't necessarily think the microRendu is just a hyped product, per se, but I kinda get tired of those who hype by repeating what others have written. So I just think a reminder of hype is a needed counter-balance.

Dave, who said his previous 1-2-3-4 post took about a minute to do or perhaps less time so he's not wasting time really just having fun with those who don't actually read or perhaps understand the import of what they themselves write

you are just entitled to opinion as others are. so even if you want to put a check and balance, its not going to happen in internet forums anyway :-) I bought the product because I did believe in the rational and design. if it doesn't meet my expectation, it goes back - plain and simple :-) A good product will always make its way - hype or not.

I also thought the review and timing seemed a little 'infomercially' and didn't state that it was being reviewed as a $2K package with PS and not as a $649 unit. Misleading? I thought so.

But I'll know for myself when mine arrives. I only have a Mac mini/Intona to compare, but if it doesn't blow those away it will be a big fail and will be noted as such here. But if it is the miracle it's made out to be, that too shall be honestly noted.

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

Yes, pretty clear that not enough time has passed for comparative study, but are people making crazy claims based on obvious PE? And, we all have trusted friends. No shortage of Aries mini apologists, - either.... but you're right...above

Cheers.

Not sure the talk of beating a Mini/Any computer...given that we all need a computer somewhere to run Roon and esp. HQP. I thought the whole idea of using the uR as a NAA so you have the cleanest signal presented to our DACs, and reduce the interference of the computer in the listening environment. Maybe I' m missing something.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Not sure the talk of beating a Mini/Any computer...given that we all need a computer somewhere to run Roon and esp. HQP. I thought the whole idea of using the uR as a NAA so you have the cleanest signal presented to our DACs, and reduce the interference of the computer in the listening environment. Maybe I' m missing something.

Feeding it straight from the NAS. That could be interesting if the sound is as good as with Roon/HQP

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

I also thought the review and timing seemed a little 'infomercially' and didn't state that it was being reviewed as a $2K package with PS and not as a $649 unit. Misleading? I thought so.

But I'll know for myself when mine arrives. I only have a Mac mini/Intona to compare, but if it doesn't blow those away it will be a big fail and will be noted as such here. But if it is the miracle it's made out to be, that too shall be honestly noted.

Speaking of hype, is anyone else bothered by the timing of the partial "review" that is clearly posted to drive sales and the GAS?

The comments in the review may hold up to editorial integrity but the review clearly isn't complete and should have been held until it is more finished. The posting of it to be timed with the product roll out makes me feel like there is too much coordination occurring between the staff and the manufacturers/advertisers, and in my opinion, calls into question the motivation of the information source. Hype, in other words, or possibly shilling.

I've noticed this trend towards coordination in the past, and it appears to be becoming more prevalent unfortunately.

---Michael

Hi Guys - Sonore told me I could publish the first review of the microRendu, but they couldn't guarantee it once the units shipped. When I was notified of the probable launch date, assuming the production run arrived and passed QA, and I considered the fact that I'd be in Munich for the high end show (I'm writing from Munich now) when the first units were shipped, I spent three days working on the review until 2am each day, so I could publish it before leaving for the show. Testing, researching, confirming facts, etc...

Initially the review was going to be a standard one part review, but the deeper I got into this thing the more I wanted to accomplish with the review. It was clear to me that most people had no clue what went into its design, some people had no clue how they'd even use the device, there are a number of PSU options, playback modes, etc... After writing the first several paragraphs it became clear that it would be a two part review. Part one before the Munich show, so I could guarantee myself first publication date in the world, and part two after the show when I return home.

That's it. No coordinated campaign here.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I for one am appreciative of your review and look forward to part 2. Hope part 2 can include information on implementation with Roon and HQPlayer. Hope you have an enjoyable time in Munich. Hear they have some pretty good beer there....

Some people always see conspiracies and nefarious motives. Nothing you can do about it.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)