IGNORED

Sonore uRendu "Fact or Fiction"

"It is not so important that we agree, it is critical that we understand each other"

That being said (again) I hope that this doesn't distract from the intent of the thread. With all the anticipation for the release of the uRendu, let's see if there is meat on the bones. Sorry for the misspell, hopefully it can be corrected?

Thanks for the reference Tom. I did read it and am anxious to read the follow up. I don't quite understand the purpose of your mentioning the ship date and the possibility of it being premature to expect opinions, however. Did I ever do anything to insult you, or diminish your presence here that would motivate you to pen such a negative remark? Really, what is your point? Regardless of what you might think, there are plenty of people that have had a chance to listen to this device that have opinions to share. Besides, what difference does it make anyway? There is no deadline to respond.

Thanks for the reference Tom. I did read it and am anxious to read the follow up. I don't quite understand the purpose of your mentioning the ship date and the possibility of it being premature to expect opinions, however. Did I ever do anything to insult you, or diminish your presence here that would motivate you to pen such a negative remark? Really, what is your point? There are plenty of people that have had a chance to listen to this device that have opinions to share.

I simply meant that the product has just started to ship so I would be surprised if more than a handful of people here have actually heard the product.

Why do you believe that "plenty of people" have had a chance to listen to it? As far as I can tell, no one who placed one of the initial orders has actually received their shipment yet.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Have you read the article Chris wrote?

Computer Audiophile - Sonore microRendu Review, Part 1

I think the first units were only shipped out to the general public this week so it might be a bit premature to expect reviews from anyone else yet.

I don't quite understand the purpose of your mentioning the ship date and the possibility of it being premature to expect opinions, however. Did I ever do anything to insult you, or diminish your presence here that would motivate you to pen such a negative remark? Really, what is your point? There are plenty of people that have had a chance to listen to this device that have opinions to share.

I honestly don't see anything negative in that statement. It is true they've been shipped out only recently and most folks will wait for burn in or things to settle down before even deciding on the performance. I typically have my equipment playing nonstop for 2-3 weeks even before I get down to the actual critical listening and evaluation.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

The problem with the post you made above (I can't bring myself to call you Master, sorry) is that you failed to cite Tom's complete post and as a result his remark is taken out of context. C'mon, let's just delete this thread all together and move on.

The problem with the post you made above (I can't bring myself to call you Master, sorry) is that you failed to cite Tom's complete post and as a result his remark is taken out of context.

Fixed it.

I still don't see anything wrong.

C'mon, let's just delete this thread all together and move on.

Well at least you fixed the delusional comment...

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

Have you read the article Chris wrote?

Computer Audiophile - Sonore microRendu Review, Part 1

I think the first units were only shipped out to the general public this week so it might be a bit premature to expect reviews from anyone else yet.

Thanks for the reference Tom. I did read it and am anxious to read the follow up. I don't quite understand the purpose of your mentioning the ship date and the possibility of it being premature to expect opinions, however. Did I ever do anything to insult you, or diminish your presence here that would motivate you to pen such a negative remark? Really, what is your point? Regardless of what you might think, there are plenty of people that have had a chance to listen to this device that have opinions to share. Besides, what difference does it make anyway? There is no deadline to respond.

The first day they were available to order was 04-28-2016 to persons on the email list. I ordered my microRendu on 04-29-2016, and am awaiting the shipment. Certainly, there will be a few reviews in the weeks to come. Looks like a great product.

Well, be it is it may, you are entitled to your opinions. I do wonder though if you have enough restraint to let this pass without having to further impress yourself. The intent of my previous post was to make an attempt to gracefully bow out of a no win situation. Now whether it was your lack of ability to recognize that, or just a lack of humility, either way you end up with the loss.

Well, be it is it may, you are entitled to your opinions. I do wonder though if you have enough restraint to let this pass without having to further impress yourself. The intent of my previous post was to make an attempt to gracefully bow out of a no win situation. Now whether it was your lack of ability to recognize that, or just a lack of humility, either way you end up with the loss.

If you really want people to let you be - even bow out gracefully as you put it - then you need to stop making assumptions about them, much less their character and their intentions.

For starters and just based on your last post...

1. I lack empathy.

2. I'm arrogant.

3. It's all my loss - how I fail to see - unless you were going to wire me a million $$$.

All for this trying to help a stranger on a forum.

See where the problem is?

PS: I'm not even going to go near your assumptions (or delusions as you put it) about kumakuma's post.

Yes, I will be the better man and let it pass, if you stop with the character assassination, and know well enough to get out of your own way.

Now that the brief thunderstorm has ended...

I ordered my microRendu within five minutes of the initial email going out to those of us who were on the waiting list. Delivery to mid-Atlantic US is scheduled for today(shipping originated @ Small Green Computer in NH, US). Will post comments as soon as I have something useful to share(although some might think that's never :-0).

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

Now that the brief thunderstorm has ended...

I ordered my microRendu within five minutes of the initial email going out to those of us who were on the waiting list. Delivery to mid-Atlantic US is scheduled for today(shipping originated @ Small Green Computer in NH, US). Will post comments as soon as I have something useful to share(although some might think that's never :-0).

Wow shipping from New Hampshire.

Wonder why, then, they're charging over $20 to ship to the NYC area?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

Many months have passed since the fruition of this device was first brought to light. Now many members have had first hand experience with this much anticipated device. Let's hear your thoughts.

mICRORendu is ROCKIN the HOUSE and the BUILDING IS FALLING DOWN!!!

Viva la revolucion!!!!

Postman threw the thing threw my building's barred gate. Thankfully, - no damage...

Got POROS (all endpoints are named after great volcanos here) fired up !!!!

This guy sounds incredible. I have some Herbies micro-tender-feet under it and brass weight on top. It's teenie! Using the Teradak 9v power supply & it's going to a HiFace II USB to SPDIF converter into my APL SPDIF input... Sounds A-MAZING. (new F-1 U208 XMOS ASIO USB to SPDIF converter gets here tomorrow)!!

Running Squeezelite right now, - (shows up as my 4th Squeezebox player), - but will try minimServer soon, - then Roon.

At first sonicorbiter.com didn't see the device, - (I had it hooked up to my 2 fiber FMCs and it didn't see it. So, - I'll try rebooting the FMCs in a little while).

But so far, it sounds bloody incredible!!!!

So psyched!!!

Will be hauling an iMac upstairs next week to compare, and I will be bringing back an Auralic Aries Mini from Seattle soon to compare....

cheers,

Wow shipping from New Hampshire.

Wonder why, then, they're charging over $20 to ship to the NYC area?

I got charged similarly to California, which seemed a bit high for a small priority mail package. Insurance? Anyway, did you received internet confirmation of the actual purchase? My paypal account is the only "receipt" I have thus far. Hoping its in the package on Friday . . .

Mine was delivered today. I just got it up and running with Roon and HQ Player. It works and sounds great so far. If I have time this weekend I'll probably make a little cradle out of wood for it so I can connect it directly to the back of my DAC. I'll also relocate my Mac Mini and UPS away from my rig.

I am looking forward to a comparison with the big boys out there.

Based on all the uR marketing buzz up front I reckon the big boys would be the target competitors (e.g. Aries, Lumin, Aurender, etc.).

Hi,

With respect, - i don't regard the Aries & Aurender as viable competitors. IMO, - Aries & Aurender don't sound anywhere near the microRendu.

Hi,

With respect, - i don't regard the Aries & Aurender as viable competitors. IMO, - Aries & Aurender don't sound anywhere near the microRendu.

Just curious, when you make a strong statement like that, how much -- how long? how often? -- have you listened to Auralic and Aurender music players in the same system as with the microRendu?

And is that your own system, the one you know well?

Dave, who gets itchy when he hears hype

Just curious, when you make a strong statement like that, how much -- how long? how often? -- have you listened to Auralic and Aurender music players in the same system as with the microRendu?

And is that your own system, the one you know well?

Dave, who gets itchy when he hears hype

The biggest "hype" comes from Auralic IMO, releasing "unready" products & forcing their customers to be their QA dept. Unethical. I had the Aries in my system for a week, and it sounded thin, with an unrealistic instrument weight. It DID sound better than my MAC mini. I understand that it has more synergy with the VEGA, - but I considered broken because it didn't work with large libraries. The Aurender N100 i heard a few times in friend's systems and it was muddy, & not detailed, - bad treble.

Just my take... (I also admit that I'm bothered by the forcing & foisting of Tidal upon customers with the Mini).

The biggest "hype" comes from Auralic IMO, releasing "unready" products & forcing their customers to be their QA dept. Unethical. I had the Aries in my system for a week, and it sounded thin, with an unrealistic instrument weight. It DID sound better than my MAC mini. I understand that it has more synergy with the VEGA, - but I considered broken because it didn't work with large libraries. The Aurender N100 i heard a few times in friend's systems and it was muddy, & not detailed, - bad treble.

Just my take... (I also admit that I'm bothered by the forcing & foisting of Tidal upon customers with the Mini).

Its no doubt or a surprise that the uRendu beats the Mac Mini, Aries or the Aurender N100 but its supposed to compete to high end models at $8k and above, like the Aurender N10 and the likes. At least that was the impression I have gotten from the uRendu thread.

Ah, thank you for those clear details of your history and perspective.

So, since you've never listened to the three mentioned music servers with the same other components -- and we have no idea, for example, how your friend's system is set up -- than it would seem that your strong statements would not stand the scrutiny of an actual review, should we be reading one.

Until we all hear like-to-like comparisons, there has to be concern about hyperbole, since the audio industry has been known to hype a thing or two over the years.

Dave, who has a microRendu on order to be delivered he hopes in June and will place it at first in his main music system so that it uses the same DAC and amplifier and power system and cables and speakers as his current Aurender N10 to give the microRendu as fair a comparison as he can achieve

Its no doubt or a surprise that the uRendu beats the Mac Mini, Aries or the Aurender N100 but its supposed to compete to high end models at $8k and above, like the Aurender N10 and the likes. At least that was the impression I have gotten from the uRendu thread.

with Respect: I never got that impression. I judge for myself based on experience, and i too would be dubious of such claims, - at least untested by myself.

I Haven't even heard the Signature Rendu. I only heard the bryston briefly, and i really liked it. IF my little $660 box compares favorably, I'm a happy kid.

i am not going to not buy something on the basis of other's underinflated & or overinflated statements. In MY research, - with my budget, the microRendu stood out as my best option. If it was above $1.5K, - I would've probably bit the bullet and gotten in trouble with my CFO/Girlfriend, and bought the Sig Rendu.

You seem to imply that I didn't do a good researching...